Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day that Albert Einstein feared may have finally arrived.

Coffee with friends:

Cheering your team:

On an intimate date:

At the museum:

Dinner with friends:

A day at the beach:

A conversation with your BFF:

Seeing the sights:

Amen, Albert. Amen

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
My wife and I were at a wedding this past weekend. We were seated with a bunch of idiots and one girl would not stop texting. When the Father of the bride was giving his speech, I looked over and she was sitting there still texting. My wife finally looked at her and asked her to either put the phone away or go outside. She gave us a "AH ma god" look and put it away. I'm sure she immediately went on Facebook and posted about it :D

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I stopped into a Panera Bread store at 10 one morning last week, and 75% of the tables were occupied with one or two persons per table with laptops or eyePads, eyes riveted on the screens, completely oblivious to their surroundings.
I had the notion of acting like Tim Roth in Pulp Fiction: All right, everybody be cool, this is a robbery! :D

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
The world is full of idiots!!!

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
AMEN, and a big +1 on this. This is one of several reasons why I have NEVER had, and never WILL have, a cell phone!

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Charlie Chaplin did a film called 'Modern Times', about people becoming enslaved to machines. There is an even older film on the theme called 'Metropolis'.

Only difference is those machines were large, even huge. All they missed was things getting so small.

I've read that Einstein was always focused on something important. He wouldn't realize he needed shoes or a coat until he stepped outside and felt the cold. But he did take time to play his violin, and he was supposedly very good.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Agreed.
I walked past two guys last week, they were mates standing beside each other and on their phones.
I said to them, hey you guys are close enough to "speak" to each other.
You should have seen the dumb look I received..... :eek:

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Even more worrisome [and scary] are those who gab on their cell phones while driving. I've lost count of the idiots I've seen behind the wheel, phone stuck to their ear, as they merrily blew through a red light, with nary a tap of the brake. What makes that even worse is the certainty that the driver in question is probably talking about nothing of any great consequence. Talking on the phone while you're driving is bad enough, but texting is worse. Then there's the inconsiderate cell phone slaves who insist on using their infernal devices while in darkened movie theaters, oblivious to the distracting glow it puts out. These days, manners and actual face-to-face conversations are about as rare as conservative democrats!

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Even more worrisome [and scary] are those who gab on their cell phones while driving. I've lost count of the idiots I've seen behind the wheel, phone stuck to their ear, as they merrily blew through a red light, with nary a tap of the brake. What makes that even worse is the certainty that the driver in question is probably talking about nothing of any great consequence. Talking on the phone while you're driving is bad enough, but texting is worse. Then there's the inconsiderate cell phone slaves who insist on using their infernal devices while in darkened movie theaters, oblivious to the distracting glow it puts out. These days, manners and actual face-to-face conversations are about as rare as conservative democrats!
These are the folk "I eat for breakfast".
I have no problem fronting these folk and telling them to shut their phones off.
Same with the persistent talkers..... :eek:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.