Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A cocky Department of Agriculture representative stopped at a farm and talked with the old farmer;

"I need to inspect your farm."

The old farmer said "You better not go in that field."

The Ag representative said in a "wise" tone "I have the authority of the U.S. Government with me. See this card, I am allowed to go wherever I wish on agricultural land."

So the old farmer went about his work. Later, the farmer heard loud screams and saw the Department of Agriculture rep running for the fence, close behind was the farmer's prize bull. The bull was madder than a nest full of hornets and the bull was gaining at every step

The Old farmer called out: "Why don't you show him your card!"
..............................................................................................

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
JB, that reminds me of last winter. The road that goes to my Ranch goes by some chicken houses that belong to my cousin. He had the Bird Flu in his chickens and the Ag Dept quarantined his chickens. I was going in to feed my cattle and the inspector stopped me and told me the area was quarantined and I couldn't go through. I explained that I had cattle that had to be fed and it would be much easier on everybody if he let me go through. He called someone, and after a long conversation about how crazy Farmers and Ranchers were, his superior told him to let me go through. He just didn't know how crazy some of us can get. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts