Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey out there, all you good folks who own both a P345 and the SR9. Do these two have about the same slim, comfortable grip?

I absolutely love my 345 and something has recently "flung a hunger" on me to get a 9mm of some sort. I've pretty well narrowed it down between the SR9 and a Springfield XD9 Compact. Your good counsel and suggestions are welcomed! Thanks!:D

Amistad
'looking forward to what the new year holds in store!'

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one out there who owns both the P345 and the SR9, so as to help me get an idea of the similarity between the grips on these two guns? Any help is appreciated! Thanks, amigos! :)

Amistad

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I don't have one but I looked and handled one at the gun shop. The feel is a lot alike. If you like the feel of the P345 then I think you'll like the feel of the SR9. If you can find one, handle it and see how it feels. They are nice looking guns. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by poncaguy

SR9 feels more like a light 1911 to me than my P345.............
Thanks for the response, poncaguy. I don't have a light 1911 and don't know what one feels like. However, I do own a P345 and that's the reason I asked about the similarity of the grip between the 345 and the SR9...

Amistad

·
Super Moderator
21,697 Posts
How is the 345 shooting? Accurate? Reliable?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by terry_p

How is the 345 shooting? Accurate? Reliable?
I've had my 345 for several months and have put just over 1k of rounds through it. It is very accurate, very reliable. I use it as my carry gun most of the time...

Amistad

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a quick note to say that I have gathered up more info on comparing the grip and feel of the 345 with that of the SR9. I just got home from a gun show, and at least four dealers there had the SR9 on display. I was fortunate to find that at one table the two guns were displayed right next to each other. (Making it easy for me to hold them against each other to compare them.)

I spent a while at that table talking to the very friendly dealer there as I hefted, squeezed and compared the two guns. I found them to be roughly the same size in length and in height, but the SR9 is something like 1/4" slimmer over all. (I borrowed a tape measure from the dealer to check.) The SR9 is definitely the lighter of the two.

I've loved my 345 since the first time I picked it up, and until today, I haven't handled a gun whose grip I liked better. But now that I've fondled some of the SR9's that were there, I think I can safely say that I like it even better. As to color, I'm partial to black, so will be waiting to see some of those "blackened stainless" models become available... Hopefully that will happen soon! [:p]

Amistad
'gun shows rock!'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts