Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, yesterday I went to the local honey hole to pick up some gun powder after a day at the range. One of the dealers says I was thinking about you the other day, i have something you would be interested in, and i set it aside for you. So my curosity is up. He goes in the back and comes out with a basically brand new stainless ruger kp345. This is the only p series pistol I do not have, minus the p89x, and p89 chambered in 9x21mm. So I ask how much, for you $325 otd. So I can't refuse that. Put it on layaway. It appears to never have been used, stickers still attached, includes box, paperwork, mags, etc. I must say its been a great day, and you know when I woke up yesterday morning, I had no plan to buy a gun.:D

Here is the rest of its family members I already own, P85 to p97....to be continued.:D

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
Congrats on your new P345 Tacky. I predict you will like it when you get it to the range. While you'll find the feel of the grip to be a bit slimmer than both the P90 & P97, it is a natural pointer IMHO and has proven very accurate :).

·
Registered
605 Posts
Wow!

Wow! That is a very impressive P Series collection. I am on the prowl for a nice P-90 myself. Enjoy your new one!

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Now that's a P-Series smorgasbord.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. This story started in 1996 when I was in highschool, working part time at a gunshop. I got to hold and fiddle with alot of good firearms for 3 or 4 years into my first years in college. At that time I wasn't old enough, or financially able to buy one, but I always loved the p series guns. I never could decide which I liked best, so many choices. So in 1999 when I was old enough I bought the first the kp90dc. Well I remember my days at the gunshop, and that spurred me to acquire the rest over the past years. I actually own 2 p89's, and 2 p95's, a stainless, and blued version of each. My other half has taken control over my blued p95. :D So I am looking forward to the new addition, maybe a add a slip on hogue grip, but otherwise leave it be. I have never seen anyone else with a complete collection of the p series, although I am sure their are some out their. One day I plan to add the p89x and p89 9x21 to my collection as well. I guess now you can see why I am not a fan of the sr series, after holding one of these, the polymer just doesn't feel the same. ;)

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Great history, thanks for sharing. And enjoy the p345.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Very impressive collection of P series pistols Tacky! Congratulations on adding another to the fold. I think we both know where you can finish up the collection.....

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very impressive collection of P series pistols Tacky! Congratulations on adding another to the fold. I think we both know where you can finish up the collection.....
Yeah, another close friend on here has an 89x. I hope to one day tslk him out of it. Its in the box, unfired with both barrels.:D

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
You're buying 'em and I'm selling 'em! I'm down to only two P series now; my P95DC which was my first (new) handgun and the one I'll never sell and a P90.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're buying 'em and I'm selling 'em! I'm down to only two P series now; my P95DC which was my first (new) handgun and the one I'll never sell and a P90.
I can't turn loose of mine. I love the p series.:D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great addition to an already great collection mate..... ;)

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
That's a fine collection of P-series pistols.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,545 Posts
Congrats! I'd love to have a friend at your LGS ;)

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys, its been a long time in the making, well 20 years atleast.:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
My own P345 is a recent addition and was purchased in used, excellent condition. It seems to function with everything I've run through it including cast bullet SWCs. I think you will be surprised at the accuracy level of your new addition. Great buy, BTW....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts