Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gunman, put them all on the floor, take a picture, and whatever doesn't fit in the frame, send to me! I still have room in my viewfinder for a few more!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Very nice collection!

I saw a pic on another forum not long ago that a member had there of his S&W revolvers. I tried to count them all but they took up most of the screen -- IIRC he had over 60 of them.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang! I don't even think both gun shops I frequent have sixty revolvers combined!

Snuffy might though...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Lookin' good!!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
nice eddie thanks for sharing.I have 35 right now not counting the Thompson Contender with 4 barrel's. I am working on it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You guys must be youngun's. I've been buying guns since the early '80's. I actually can't tell you how many I have at this time. I have over 30 Rugers and I buy the other brands too. I'm probably pushing the 3 digit limit. What can I say. I like guns!!! Once I got out of paying child support, I put that money in my gun fund. I figure my two boys will get them anyway. My current wife doesn't understand, but she tolerates me.

Oh, by the way, you got a nice start. Tell us more about the levers!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jman, I'm 44 and grew up around guns, but lost interest at high school age when my Dad died. Just recently got back into it, and the Model 94 at the top of the pic is why. My Dad had given that gun to his cousin before he died, and when his cousin died his wife wanted me to have it back and I couldn't be more thrilled to have it. Then came the Ruger GP and my involvement on this list. My neighbor sold me the Marlin lever which takes the same .357 ammo which is cool, and I just added the single six to help me practice without breaking the bank! But I know for a fact I am not done yet!

Next up: I'm currently shopping for a Winchester Model 12...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, you got the bug. I have a model 12. They're cool. I cut mine down to 20" and just bought a extended mag tube for it. I'm tring to make it look like one of the old trench guns.

Jman

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jman, I'd love to see some pictures of that 12 if you have any.

I kind of like the idea of having like a 30" barrel for clay targets and having fun, then getting a no choke second 20" barrel to have around the house like a riot gun. Is a riot gun and a trench gun the same thing?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bountyhunter, I took the 94 to the range today and had some fun with it.
I'm not really very good with it, but this target is good for me. Three shots top right first, then I adjusted the rear sight downward as low as it could go and that did the trick for the remaining 17 shots. 15 yards, resting my elbow on the bench. I usually stand up and shoot 'cause it's just fun to shoot it that way, cycling and shooting. But the sights were obviously not right so I decided to be a little more methodical today...

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Looks like it's shooting great now. I'm of your mind with the standing and shooting. I think it's the best way. If I can hit my target standing, I should do even better with a rest of some sort. At least it sounds good when I say it in my head. ;)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Very nice Eddie. But you need to back up a bit and give that Winny some room. At least 25 if not 50 yards! Ya chokin' it up too much being that close!
Good pic of the family.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay Jimbo. 25 yards will be quite a test for my feeble eyes, but I will try it next time! Only had one box of shells with me and I was trying to just figure out the sights this trip. But the more I shoot this gun the more attached to it I get.

Geez, I really can't imagine 25 yards. I will definitely have to get maybe one of those big silhouette targets for that distance!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ive been mowing lawns and saving holiday money for mine still hadicapped and not on ssi so its tough but i have enough to have fun with

1 - 20 of 20 Posts