Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy myself a retirement present, and have settled on a Mark III Hunter. What's a "good" price and what's too much to pay?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm in NJ so prices are usually at a premium. The Hunter price is about $380 for the blued and about $100 more for the stainless. Some 22/45 models can be found for significantly less, and I'm sure the pricing in NY is similar to here. You can usually find good deals online, but then you need to factor in shipping costs and FFL transfer fee.
Good luck. I bought a Hunter in the blued finish last year (I was too cheap to get the SS even though it was sweet looking!), and it's a fun shooter :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I guess you know there are a few versions of the Hunter available. The 6.88 inch barrel with standard grips around $540. The same gun with target grips is about $50 more.

Talo has a special edition available with a 5.5 inch barrel for about $550. I don't know if this one is actually considered a Hunter. It looks the same but with a shorter barrel.

All the new Hunters I've seen are stainless.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have this model, upgraded the trigger and magazine release, the MSRP $749.00, but if you shop around you can get better deal, mine was hundred off.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
My 4 1/2 inch barreled one has Hunter engraved on the receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts