Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Old 1977 10/22 and brand new talo model 1296. I took the stock off a few weeks ago on the older gun and sanded,stained and 8 coats of tru-oil came out decent. Started getting the bug to do things to them so here is what I did. Got a bx trigger for the new gun and transfered the trigger from the new gun to the old one. Old one had a metal trigger group but didnt have the mag release tab like the new one and I like that. Got a Kidd handle rod and spring and put it in the new gun so I transfered the handle spring and rod to the older gun. got a VQ extractor for the old gun. Got a Kidd extractor for the new gun. Put nylon bolt buffers in each gun. Took them out and shot them and everything works great but they worked great to begin with. I can tell the difference for the better with the kidd handle looks better and the operation just feels smoother. Bolt buffers also feel nice not as clangy. both new extractors look like they will do a better job especially on the old gun the old extractor though worked ok but was looking worn. I can tell a deffinate difference in the two triggers. Bx has about half the creep and half pull weight as the stock trigger. I m sure its not as nice as the expensive ones but it should do great for me. Also got a bx mag for the older ruger. It had a butler creek 25 round that workded half *** but the bx has been flawless so far. I already had three 10 round mags so I sent of for one of those things that holds all three mags at once but it hasnt came in yet. I have never worked on a gun in my life and the hardest part was getting the damn plastic cover off the new trigger. I hope im done but im sure you all have heard that before!!

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Naah, now that you've started, you'll never be done... The 10-22 is a great gun to learn on, and you're getting a good start.

Give a thought to sending one of the original trigger groups off to Brimstone; you'll like their work. I got their Tier 2 work, and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Nice job on that old 10/22. That stock looks fantastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts