Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a full 90 days since I became certified, and today my IL CCL came in today's mail from the state police. Since the law allows them a full 120 days if no fingerprints (and on top of $80 for the course and $150 for a five-year license, I sure as hell wasn't going to shell out another $55 for prints).
Well, now I'm a member of the packing fraternity, hope I can continue to get good information and opinions on this forum.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congratulations. Once you get used to it, you will not be comfortable without it.

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
Good now if Nj can get any issue permits we will finally be the last state to get civilian ccw. 5 million people of age to get a permit in Nj. 1500 civilian carry permits including retired police.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Congrats! The one bad thing about Illinois is that not many states honor that CC permit. If you travel a lot, you may want to consider getting a Utah non-resident permit to pick up a bunch of additional states.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats! The one bad thing about Illinois is that not many states honor that CC permit. If you travel a lot, you may want to consider getting a Utah non-resident permit to pick up a bunch of additional states.
I've have the Utah CCL for about 6 years— and the Illinois for about 48 hours. Between the two of them, about everything important to me is covered except Colorado.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rico567 [OP] Location: Central IL

so your good to carry in and around your "downstate" location. if you got the urge for Vienna "Chicago dogs" or maybe a real pizza, can you pack the gun into Cook County?
here's a map that could be helpful-- 2016 Deadliest ?hoods | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!
good luck, be safe.
Illinois CCL is good anywhere in the state (and a list of other specified reciprocal states), except of course for the public buildings, airports and all the other places we already know about, then there are all the private property quirks, which vary from state to state. If one does much travel while packing, very difficult to know the players without a scorecard. As an example, I am completely prohibited by the local Big 10 university (University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana) from carrying on campus.....almost. I belong to the Faculty-Staff shooting club, and I am allowed to bring guns onto campus to the range for the express purpose of attending regularly scheduled shoots, but at no other time.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Congrats. Welcome to the club. :D And it might save you some headaches on conceal carry holsters, but one of my favorites is a $10 el cheapo from Dunhams. just a plain black cloth & felt IWB holster. Its a pain to put on as it sticks to everything. But once in place, your side arm never moves. 2nd best to me is a $25 leather IWB Cebeci off ebay. Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats. Welcome to the club. :D And it might save you some headaches on conceal carry holsters, but one of my favorites is a $10 el cheapo from Dunhams. just a plain black cloth & felt IWB holster. Its a pain to put on as it sticks to everything. But once in place, your side arm never moves. 2nd best to me is a $25 leather IWB Cebeci off ebay. Good luck.
Thanks for the recommendations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.