Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"THE JUDGE" has a Holster

WooHoo,... I bought the "Thunder 5 Holster" for The Judge, and it fits Perfect...<:))
It will make a Great Field, and Range Holster...<:)) Its Black Nylon, and is well made, and fits left
or right, adjustable Thumb release works great, and the bottom is open... $35.00 total to the
door, for a custom Holster... Cool...<:)) Also it fits "The Judge" 2 1/2" or 3" Magnum Frame
Perfectly... One interesting NOTE: "THE JUDGE" fits the Thunder 5 Holster better than
the Thunder 5 GUN...!!!...??? Also the .410's are Winchester Rifled Hollow Point SLUGS...
One other NOTE: The Holster is Totally JET BLACK just like the Webing... I don't know why the Digital
Camera don't see it that way...??? Must be the way the Light is reflecting off the Material...!!!...???
One more NOTE: If you see a little red X instead of a Pic, AOL's
server is serving Slow...<:-(( Just hit your Refreah Button a
few times to get them all...<:))

<center>
</center>
<center>
</center>
<center>
</center>
<center>
</center>
<center>
</center>
<center>
</center>
<center>
</center>
<center>
</center>
<center>
</center>
SACK YOUR GUNS,... GUNNER'S
<center>
</center>
<center>
</center>

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just lookin' down the throat of that monster's enough to put a funny smell in the air!!!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Very interesting. May have to consider one if I run across the Judge somehere. Good looking package. Be very interested on your range report.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Sgt I'd be very interested in a range report too. How's she shoot with .45 Colt ammo? Thanks Frank

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gunman42782~sheepdog~jaredshs~jimbo1096~Frank V,...

My current on hand Ammunition Inventory for "THE JUDGE" is listed below...<:))
The Judge is a unusual Gun in that it can Handle an Extensive Variety of Ammunition
including all Factory Loaded +P Ammo...<:)) There is currently pretty extensive,
Range Reports on the Web, and "Riflemans"... I am planning a Excursion to the Range
to get some Firm Impressions of the capability's of all the Ammunition listed below...
So far all I can say is that this Gun sure does
Raise HELL with Gallon Milk Jug's Filled with Water...<:))

AMMO:

45 Colt 250 Gr. LFN Winchester Nickel John Wayne's
45 Colt 200 Gr. RNFP ULTRAMAX
45 Colt 250 Gr. RNL A-MERC
45 Colt 235 Gr. RNFP GEOX Black Dawge's Black Powder
45 Colt 225 Gr. Winchester SilverTip Hollow Points +P Super X

.410 HighBrass 7 1/2 Shot Winchester Super X HS
.410 HighBrass 6 Shot Winchester Super X HS
.410 HighBrass 4 Shot Winchester Super X HS
.410 HighBrass OOO BuckShot (3 Balls) Winchester Super X HS
.410 HighBrass Rifled SLUG Hollow Points Winchester Super X HS

·
Registered
589 Posts
Now that would make one hell of a snake gun.
It will be interesting how it performs with the 000 buckshot.

·
Registered
589 Posts
One interesting thing is on the web site for the judge there is a video showing it being used from a car with bird shot. While bird shot does make impressive holes in the paper target I can't believe it would be touted for personal protection.

Now snake protection is another story all together.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cool outfit, yu got it workin man , as for a car gun with bird shot i let it fall under the same line i have on 25acp, when someone says i doubt it would do much to stop someone ?? i say well letme shoot you in the forehead with it an then you decide if it would stop someone???[B)]

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Many a man's bitten the dust from a load of 6s at close range...won't see ME arguing with it at under 60 yards!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well I didn't intend to start something here. I wouldn't carry bird shot or a 25ACP period. Would I want to be shot with either? Hell no but I don't carry to protect myself against people like me either, through methamphetamines into the mix and you are asking for disaster. Would I make them back off? I am sure it would but would it stop them from shooting back at the same time, I doubt it. As far as head shots go the front of a persons head is probably the wost place shoot someone because you have the greatest chance of the bullet bouncing off if you hit them off center. I have read too many confirmed reports of much larger projectiles not penetrating the skull and I have personally seen a 270 grain 44 bounce off the skull of a deer. And while I am on this little rant I have also seen a person shot in the chest four times with a .22 revolver (long time ago and I was somewhere I shouldn't have been) and it didn't slow him down much, that's why he was only shot four times instead of six.

Not trying to change anyones mind here but that is my two cents and last post on the matter.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just making my usual inane observations...I emailed him and asked why he didn't test buckshot for the report...didn't have any on hand.You're right about bullets doing funny things...I've seen sure shots (like dead center .45 Fed Hydra-Shock) not work and fluke pea-shooter shots kill....my point was that at the car window range mentioned, it'd make one hell of a mess....and make the perp forget about anything except getting away from that pocket pit bull if it didn't kill him outright...with little chance of someone across the street or in the next car getting friendly fire...the more I think about it---the more I like it....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That "little .410" round in OOO Buckshot (3 balls) is roughly equivalent to Three rounds of 9mm - simultaneously delivered... The .9mm pistol may be criticized for a lack of stopping power, but there's no doubt that three .360 caliber balls delivered simultaneously packs a serious wallop...<:))

5 rounds Delivering 15 OOO (.360) BuckBalls in 2 seconds is going to create SEVERE problems for the BAD Guy that would be in front of that Gun...!!! Taurus claims 2 seconds to empty 5 rounds in Double Action Mode...Y I K E S
Did I say, thats what I Call a Scatter Gun...<:))

How about Chambering the last two as 45's 250Gr... They have a reputation for backing up a man at least a Foot, or Spinning him around if hit off Center...!!!...<:))

From what I read, 4's are the Sweet Spot for indoor use... Making them Ideal for BAR CLEANING... They say 4's Sting Like a BEE...<:))

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reb,... Lets take a look at this Guide, and see what a good COMBO of Shot would look like... I hear tell of Making COMBO Loads, using a mixture of Balls, and Smaller Shot to fill in the empty spaces...<:))

~Common Bullet/Ball Gage, Buckshot, Hailshot, Birdshot~
~LINK~
http://www.weights-and-measures.com/xcombulletgage.html

·
Registered
589 Posts
Not sure I understand the question. In the .410 size shell I would probably stick to slugs for self protection against the two legged pretator although the question of extreem over penitration does come up. Three balls of 00 buckshot would probably be fine as well. The problem with the smaller shot is it dosen't weigh enough for proper penitration now mater how fast you can push it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts