Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted to get another handgun and I was leaning towards either another 9mm or another 45 ACP. I've been holding off during the hysteria, but as supplies dry up and very few replacements arrive, I finally took the plunge and bought the last 9mm in my LGS. In fact, other than a high point, it was the only 9mm in 2 LGS.

The good news is that I had to "settle" for a Sig Sauer 239. Just the standard 239 with DA/SA trigger. Man that gun felt good in my hand.

No pix yet due to CA 10 day waiting period, but I'm as excited about this as I have been about any gun I've purchased recently.

:D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations.
When you get it "out of prison", would love to see some pics.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Congrats! Nothing wrong with "settling" for a Sig. My only Sig is my P238, which is purely DA only like 1911's.

From what I've heard, Sig has one of the better DA/SA triggers on the market. I've got a couple of Berettas with DA/SA triggers. They aren't my carry weapon, but there are some advantages with that first pull DA.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went back for some ammo today and noticed a 9mm SP2022 on the shelf. They had just gotten it in today. I might have taken that one if I hadn't already purchased the 239....but the 239 is what I have lusted for and the SP2022 is what I took the Ruger P95 over.

Downside is that the same LGS had 2 Sig 239 mags last week but sold them over the weekend before I decided to make the purchase. I'll have to make due with the 2 that it comes with, but I will be on the lookout for at least 2 more once they become available. I can't imagine Sig 239 mags are in the same demand as 10/22, Glock, or AR mags.

I got lucky enough to score a can of 350 9mm rounds today, so I can shoot the P95 and the Sig 239 next weekend.

Very happy indeed. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good going from another SIG lover. My go-to's usually are Ruger and Sig. I would love to have a P239 or P229, but it's going to take me awhile to build up the fund from my latest purchase (SR1911).

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I have wanted to get another handgun and I was leaning towards either another 9mm or another 45 ACP. I've been holding off during the hysteria, but as supplies dry up and very few replacements arrive, I finally took the plunge and bought the last 9mm in my LGS. In fact, other than a high point, it was the only 9mm in 2 LGS.

The good news is that I had to "settle" for a Sig Sauer 239. Just the standard 239 with DA/SA trigger. Man that gun felt good in my hand.

No pix yet due to CA 10 day waiting period, but I'm as excited about this as I have been about any gun I've purchased recently.

Buying any sig Sauer aemi auto pistol is hardly settling.

·
Registered
276 Posts
From what I've heard, Sig has one of the better DA/SA triggers on the market. I've got a couple of Berettas with DA/SA triggers. They aren't my carry weapon, but there are some advantages with that first pull DA.
Yeah like carrying cocked and locked without the worry....
Would that be condition 1A?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 239 has a decocker and no safety. You either don't rack the slide until you want to shoot or you rack the slide then decock putting it into DA.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Depends on the gun. I carry single action semi-autos, which either are 1911's or with similar design.

I carry mine cocked and locked, meaning loaded with a full mag +1 in the chamber and the hammer/striker cocked.

All of my carry guns have thumb safeties, too. All it takes is to release that thumb safety and it's ready to fire.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, just Wow!

Picked up the Sig P239 today and put 150 rounds through it at the range. OMG what a sweet gun. It feels the best in my hand of any gun I've ever shot and the trigger is best compared to an old S&W DA/SA revolver. Accurate, manageable recoil that lets you get back on target quickly, and did I mention ever so sweet??

Love love love this gun.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Congrats! Nothing wrong with "settling" for a Sig. My only Sig is my P238, which is purely DA only like 1911's.

You did mean to say sao only, didn't you?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Congrats on your new acquisition.
Just picked up a Sig P226 in 40/357...after reading everyone's thoughts on the system, I can hardly wait to get out to the range on Sunday. Glad I reload, ammo won't be a concern.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats on your new acquisition.
Just picked up a Sig P226 in 40/357...after reading everyone's thoughts on the system, I can hardly wait to get out to the range on Sunday. Glad I reload, ammo won't be a concern.
That is awesome, you will love the Sig. I would have been interested in a 40/357 but I'm trying to stick to calibers I already use (plus you can't find much of anything these days). The 357 sig in particular looks very desirable based on my limited exposure to it.

·
Registered
400 Posts

that's on my short list, good luck with it

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that's on my short list, good luck with it
It is awesome. Shoots better than my P95 and my RIA 1911. I've got almost 200 rounds through it of mixed cheap stuff and it hasn't so much as peeped. It just shoots and shoots. Loving it!

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts