Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm 62 with three years max left in my working career. I've managed a fairly nice gun collection to keep my trigger finger loosened up in my retirement years and I can't tell you how many times I've told my wife " This will be my last one ". It's not that I was lying to her, it's just that I'm a man and as many good women have found out, men are weak when it comes to certain things.

Anyway, I saw this little gem a few months ago and my heart started getting that familiar thump to it. I have to admit that in the 90 days it took after ordering it till the time it was shipped there was a couple times I went through the should I or shouldn't I thing. The should I won out. I was quite surprised by my wife's reaction to it when I brought it home. She didn't describe it as a nice gun she described it as a work of art. She even likes looking at it.... weird.

Anyway...… Yeah this is the last firearm I'll ever buy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We need details! That thing is cool!
It's 1/3 scale so it's not real large. Shoots 9mm, takes Glock 33 round stick magazines. It comes with one magazine but I picked up a 100 round drum for it and plan on getting a half dozen more stick mags. Under the federal firearm regulations it is classified as "other " because it has no trigger. In Washington state you have to not only do the federal background check but we also have to do a state check which can take two or three weeks. Because it is classified as " other " I was able to go into my LGS, do the instant background check and walk out with it.

Here's a link to the manufacturer Gatling Gun

Here's a link to a youtube video of it in action

·
Registered
260 Posts
Lou 1958... you mention you're in WA state. If you're in the Spokane area I'd love to see that thing in action!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
If I’m not mistaken, this is the same company that makes the AR type rifle in 22LR. Kind of like the S&W M&P 22.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've watched videos of that thing....so much want it! When are you having us all over? I'll bring the burgers, you provide the ammo, lol.

I've thought many times that my most recent purchase was my "last".....yep, NEVER true.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, now you got my heart thumping. That is cool. Looking forward to a range report.
You know it's kind of out of character for me. Normally rain, shine, snow whatever, when I get a new gun the first thing I do is step out back and shoot it. I had 1000 rounds of 9mm delivered the day before it came in, I've had it since last Thursday but I have yet to shoot it. To be honest I'm really not sure why. It's kind of like that sweet Catholic girl I knew as a kid. I wasn't sure if I should touch her or not. 😄

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've watched videos of that thing....so much want it! When are you having us all over? I'll bring the burgers, you provide the ammo, lol.

I've thought many times that my most recent purchase was my "last".....yep, NEVER true.
If you're ever in Washington State send me a message. Having friends over for a bit of fun shooting is one of the reasons I bought it. I'll spring for the steak, you bring your own ammo 😉

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I’m not mistaken, this is the same company that makes the AR type rifle in 22LR. Kind of like the S&W M&P 22.
Back in the 80's they also made a belt fed 22lr replica. Every now and then they get a wild hair to do such things. I'll be keeping my eye's open for anything new. Oh shoot...… I told the wife this was my last one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lou 1958... you mention you're in WA state. If you're in the Spokane area I'd love to see that thing in action!
I'm 20 miles north of Spokane. I take the Medical Lake exit off 90 to go to work. I don't have a problem at all of you coming over to rack off some rounds with it. I just got home from a three day bike ride and it's supposed to rain for the next couple days but after that I'm completely open. I'm on furlough from work till the 24th. It looks like Saturday the 16th is going to be a pretty decent day out temp and rain wise. if you are interested in coming over we can shoot it for the first time together. If that sounds good just send me a message and I'll give you my address with directions and if not we can set up a later date.

·
Premium Member
13,888 Posts
Nice gun(s)! Wouldn't fit in the safe though...................

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
I'm 62 with three years max left in my working career. I've managed a fairly nice gun collection to keep my trigger finger loosened up in my retirement years and I can't tell you how many times I've told my wife " This will be my last one ". It's not that I was lying to her, it's just that I'm a man and as many good women have found out, men are weak when it comes to certain things.

Anyway, I saw this little gem a few months ago and my heart started getting that familiar thump to it. I have to admit that in the 90 days it took after ordering it till the time it was shipped there was a couple times I went through the should I or shouldn't I thing. The should I won out. I was quite surprised by my wife's reaction to it when I brought it home. She didn't describe it as a nice gun she described it as a work of art. She even likes looking at it.... weird.

Anyway...… Yeah this is the last firearm I'll ever buy.
View attachment 143350
damn ... I hope your retirement dollars are a tad deeper than most, because I see alot of 9mm being used ... nice purchase even if it's just a conversation piece ...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
damn ... I hope your retirement dollars are a tad deeper than most, because I see alot of 9mm being used ... nice purchase even if it's just a conversation piece ...
I won't be retiring with a pocket full of money that's for sure but in preparation for that I've managed to stock up around 30,000 rounds of the three different calibers I enjoy shooting most. The last couple years I've just spent rotating stock.

I thought about a lot of things before I made this purchase. I've always wanted to shoot a Gatling Gun but never knew anyone that had one. Although this was more money than I've ever spent on a firearm, it's not like it was $30,000-$50,000 for a full size one. The other thing I thought about was gun laws. We never know when some politician is going to get a wild hair and decide these things are just too scary for us poor working slobs to own. Like you said, it will make a good conversation piece and with 9mm being relatively inexpensive ( for now ) to buy, it should be an all around fun firearm to shoot and also give my friends the opportunity to shoot something that like I myself never knew anyone that had one. I do reload but like most people have found out, you don't really save that much money reloading basic 9mm. The 9mm I have reloaded has been the more expensive self defense rounds that are quite spendy. I don't see myself having to worry about cases but I will be looking for some cheap bullets that I can use just to send some lead downrange like this thing is going to do. Pretty much all of my shooting is with pistol calibers 50 yards or closer so loading up some light loads for this thing should be a tad bit cheaper.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts