Ruger Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Lou was kind enough to have me over and fire the gatling gun today... was fun and Oh my GAWD does it go through the rounds fast! That thing is not for someone unwilling to buy lots of 9mm ammo! He had a plain target set up but we discussed options for future downrange victims... when I brought up an older car he had parked by the house he wasn't going for that :D
Thanks again Lou!

Here's a couple pics I took of Lou and his new "toy"...
I tried to attach a movie of Lou dumping 30 rounds in three seconds (yes Lou, I played it back and that's what it was) but it exceeded the 20MB limit by .2MB...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Lou was kind enough to have me over and fire the gatling gun today... was fun and Oh my GAWD does it go through the rounds fast! That thing is not for someone unwilling to buy lots of 9mm ammo! He had a plain target set up but we discussed options for future downrange victims... when I brought up an older car he had parked by the house he wasn't going for that :D
Thanks again Lou!

Here's a couple pics I took of Lou and his new "toy"...
I tried to attach a movie of Lou dumping 30 rounds in three seconds (yes Lou, I played it back and that's what it was) but it exceeded the 20MB limit by .2MB...

View attachment 143520

View attachment 143521

View attachment 143522

View attachment 143523

View attachment 143524
Yeah, this thing dumps empty brass on the table like a good old Michigan hail storm.

I'm going into work tomorrow and changing my401k options over to Hornady, CCI and every other ammunition manufacturer I can find.

I took a short bike ride a couple hours after you left, stopped by a friend on mines house and rumor around the little town I live by is that someone across the highway has an automatic weapon.

Thanks for taking the pictures and I'm glad you were able to come by.

·
Sr. Exec. Button Monkey
623 Posts
Sweet Mother-of God that thing is awesome! Enjoy your new gun Lou!

Reactions: Lou 1958

·
Count Ursunk
3,251 Posts
Rare animal you got there. I bet Josey Wales would enjoy touching off a few boxes with you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Stockpiling always seems like such a nasty word to me. I don't know why and it's probably just me. After our little ammo shortage several years back I've made it a habit that when I've seen an exception deal on a caliber I shoot, I pick some up. I've probably got around 30,000 rounds of a few different calibers.

Lately I've been looking more into reloading supplies. rather than ammo simply because I can safely leave cases and bullets in a less than vault type storage cabinet because they aren't something someone can steal and use without doing some work.

I'm finding both ammo and reloading supplies are now starting to get harder to purchase because of supply. I have 4000 9mm bullets I'm picking up from the post office today that I got for 8 cents a piece. it's the best deal I could find so I figured I might just as well grab them while I can that way I can save the much more expensive self defense rounds I have for my other 9's. At 33 rounds in 3 seconds it only make good fiscal sense.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
That would be one hail storm I would not mind seeing! Beautiful gun!
Being a veteran I've had the opportunity to shoot not only a full auto but also quality with an M203 grenade launcher. I enjoyed the experience of that.

Most of my shooting enjoyment in my later years has been with bolt actions and semi autos getting a nice tight quarter size five round group at 50 to 100 yards but I've always longed to shoot a Gatling Gun. I never knew anyone who owned one and with prices of them being $20,000 to $50,000 I knew I never would.

This thing changed all that. Even though $5000 is a lot of money, it was in the realm of possibility's for me. Not only that but it allows me to share the experience with like minded people.

If you are ever coming to Washington State drop me a message, I don't have a problem with sharing.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,567 Posts
Lou 1958, Thanks for the pics/video! Good way to spend some range time.
PS. Also-> Post #40, I love the Hunter but really like those grips...! Rick

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Lou 1958, Thanks for the pics/video! Good way to spend some range time.
PS. Also-> Post #40, I love the Hunter but really like those grips...! Rick
Thank you Rick

When I bought those grips my internet was wonky ( surrounded by mountains ) and I accidentally ordered two sets of them. The other set has been sitting in their original box in my reloading bench for a year now. I just took a picture of them. I paid $68 plus tax and shipping for them and if you want the extra set you can have them for $35 with shipping. The picture is the actual grips you would be getting. They include the locating pins

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,567 Posts
Thanks for the offer but I just received x2 grips to test out. I am sure someone would appreciate these.
Have a great day!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Thanks for the offer but I just received x2 grips to test out. I am sure someone would appreciate these.
Have a great day!
No problem. I have a bad habit of just letting stuff sit around. I need to have a garage sale.

You have a fantastic day also

41 - 59 of 59 Posts