Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Wow. That is a nice gun. To bad it would be a show piece only gun. At least in my house. Very nice. Would like to know what it goes for at the auction.

·
Banned
359 Posts
I find it interesting that they always auction the commemorative guns for the NRA. I suspect they might raise much more money if they raffled the guns instead. But that would open the market to the hoi polloi, and this seems to be an elite insider's game.

·
Registered
828 Posts
ehh, not for me. I'm not much into all the artistic scroll work, but that's just me.

Ruger's has a great year though. Wish I had some cash to buy stock in them.

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
I can't imagine what it'd be like to make 1 million bat houses... but I'd sure like to try. I would make it all fancy with scroll work no matter who liked it.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I find it interesting that they always auction the commemorative guns for the NRA. I suspect they might raise much more money if they raffled the guns instead. But that would open the market to the hoi polloi, and this seems to be an elite insider's game.

I'd much rather they auction it thru the NRA than the Brady Bunch...

Looks great. Not my cup of tea, though.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
With all the plating and scroll work that was done they couldn't do anything with the sights?????

Nice looking show piece otherwise.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hats off to Ruger for helping out the National Rifle Association.
It doesn't matter who likes it. It's one of a kind & will go to a Ruger Collector & helps the N.R.A. who helps all of us.
The Firearm arm is not to be shot. It's a symbol of who we are in a free Society.
It's a reminder, MADE IN AMERICA.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I knew the 1,000,000th was produced in August, never knew what it was.
Sweet SR1911.
Thanks for sharing BC.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Great pic. I would like to have it as part of my collection, but for bragging purposes only. Would never fire it. That sounds almost un-American doesn't it.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
OK Harryball, you got me, I had to go look up "bat houses". I'll just say I don't want one on my house, (I have enough bird problems) we keep all our bats in the state capitol or the "big house".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts