Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BAck in 1972 I was at Lowry AFB going to Nuclear Weapons Technician school. The USAF had built some really nice thousand man dorms as we called them and we were having to move out of our old WWII wooden dorms into them. Anyway, a guy who I shall call Fester did not want to carry a beds spring down the steps, so he threw them out and hit my friend Corley in the head and sent him to the hospital.

Real bad. Not an hour later, I was sitting in the front seat of the ton and half and we stopped to let some airmen off for lunch, as I was getting out, Fester jumped over the sidegates and landed on me knocking me cold and causing some major injuries to my head.

Gun Story?

A year or so later, when stationed at FE Warren I saw Fester wearing the SP beret sitting in a truck at the gate of bomb dump. I remember telling one of my chiefs about him, I told them he is one dangerous hombre'....

Later that day, Fester, for some reason, put his gun on full automatic fire and pulled the trigger while sitting in the truck, all twenty rounds went though the roof. He told the Board of Inquiry that he was just curious how far back he could pull the trigger before it went off. Fester was kicked out of the service and everything more or less got back to normal....

He was the most dangerous person I have ever known...

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Sounds like he should have been fragged. Surprised that the previous incidents didn't get him discharged or at least removed to a post somewhere he was less likely to hurt someone.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To this day I have scars under my lower lip where my teeth went through them when he landed on me.

I guess all of us have known guys like this, the ultimate screw-ups, but they always seem to skate past it..

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
in my day they got a blanket party, i never saw anyone ever have to have more than one of them.

·
Registered
576 Posts
the guy was a psyco...some C4 would have done the trick. Where's that timer, jimbo, Snuffy and sheepdog? I know it is around here somewhere...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Heard he's about to retire after an illustrious career with OSHA...noone knows...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts