Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my brand new RAP to the range today. My RAP is in 9mm with 2 17 round magazines. I fired 115gr FMJ, 114gr JHP and 147gr FMJ.
This is my first venture into the striker world.
The pistol is simple to operate, the only external safety is on the trigger. The slide release is very simular to 1911s and most autos. The trigger breaks at about 4 pounds with no creep. The trigger reset is short and distinct.
Field sripping couldn't be simplier. Pull the slide to the rear and engage the slide stop, rotate the takedown lever 90 degrees, and pull the slide off. Remove the speing, guide and barrel out. Your done.
The weight is 30 ounces and fits my hand like a glove, firing the pistol caused my no discomfort. My one hand and two hand grips were instinctive.
Being left handed, the magazine release and slide release worked well for me.
Ruger has a winner with this. I was able to get a holster at the same time I bought the pistol.
Ruger as plenty of accessories available on its website. I bet you could get most of them at discounted prices either online or at your LGS.
The only thins I would change would be to have standard sights that were fully adjustable. All my shots with the various different bullet weights were 4 to 5 inches low at 15 yards. The ten shot groups were all within 4 inches. There were no FTF or FTE. The pistol worked flawlessly. Two magazines are a nice touch. Based on Ruger's website, additional magazines are $39, which I think are excesively high.
I The next owner of this pistol will be my son after I am no longer around.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the 9mm was going to get a Smith wesson MP 40 got the Ruger its been flawless took it home wiped and cleaned some fact lube off it put new on gun went to shoot . Flawless you dont need adj sights on this kind of gun.maybe night sights though

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just got some spare mags , now the night sights, the 9 has been flawless I picked up some win steel case to shot I will see how it runs on that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts