Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the market for a single stack 9mm, but am NOT interested in the LC9. I have an SR9c and love it. I'm a lefty and appreciate the ambi-controls, and the great trigger on the SR9c (both major drawbacks of the LC9, IMHO).

I wish Ruger would come out with an SR9sc, with IDENTICAL features as the SR9c, but single stack and slightly smaller:

same trigger as SR9c
ambi-mag release
ambi-safety
barrel = ~3"
width = 0.9"
height = 4.0"
capacity = 6+1

Please Ruger, make it happen - you would sell a TON of these!

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I'm in the market for a single stack 9mm, but am NOT interested in the LC9. I have an SR9c and love it. I'm a lefty and appreciate the ambi-controls, and the great trigger on the SR9c (both major drawbacks of the LC9, IMHO).

I wish Ruger would come out with an SR9sc, with IDENTICAL features as the SR9c, but single stack and slightly smaller:

same trigger as SR9c
ambi-mag release
ambi-safety
barrel = ~3"
width = 0.9"
height = 4.0"
capacity = 6+1

Please Ruger, make it happen - you would sell a TON of these!
Sounds to me like you want a S&W Shield?

Didn't you have a Boberg? How did that work out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sounds to me like you want a S&W Shield?
Didn't you have a Boberg? How did that work out?
The Shield doesn't have an ambi-safety/mag release, but this is the definitely in the family of pistol that I'm talking about. I'd go with a Nano or the upcoming XDs9 before I would a Shield, though.

I do have a Boberg - very low ser#, so it's more of a collector's item than it is an EDC. Love it though. Can't wait for Arne to come out with the XR45s. ;)

Skol Vikings!

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
I'm waiting on the XDs 9. Should be out by Christmas.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm waiting on the XDs 9. Should be out by Christmas.
The XDs9 should be pretty sweet. Hope they're able to make it a little thinner and lighter, and don't just drop a 9mm barrel in the existing XDs45 frame and slide. That discussion's for another thread, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts