Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Ok..... I want one..... ;)

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Fortunately there exists devices similar to the ones on Air Force One and other Military planes that can block the effects of that type of "gun". So this anti-drone tactic doesn't bother me or my fellow drone owners in the least. Pretty sad knowing mine and everyone's tax money is going to create useless "weapons" such as this. This country has plenty of drug and gang problems and countless unsolved murder crimes, but let's make a simple hobby the #1 priority.

I put the anti-drone crowd in the same category as the anti-gun crowd in that just because a small handful of idiots misuse a device, it means EVERYONE misuses them and more laws and regulations have to come into effect and the legit users have to suffer.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Fortunately there exists devices similar to the ones on Air Force One and other Military planes that can block the effects of that type of "gun". So this anti-drone tactic doesn't bother me or my fellow drone owners in the least. Pretty sad knowing mine and everyone's tax money is going to create useless "weapons" such as this. This country has plenty of drug and gang problems and countless unsolved murder crimes, but let's make a simple hobby the #1 priority.

I put the anti-drone crowd in the same category as the anti-gun crowd in that just because a small handful of idiots misuse a device, it means EVERYONE misuses them and more laws and regulations have to come into effect and the legit users have to suffer.
You are right. Only a small percentage of gun owners create a problem for lawful citizens. Luckily, we have a right to defend ourselves. So, it only makes sense that we should also have a way to "shoot" criminal peeping toms out of the sky.

Pretty sure this device was developed by a private firm though, no tax dollars spent for its development.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
So, it only makes sense that we should also have a way to "shoot" criminal peeping toms out of the sky.
See, therein lies the problem. Assuming that someone is flying a drone just for malicious intent without any proof isn't a very safe or fair assumption to make. I'm a CCW holder and I can't just open fire upon an OCer all because I assume he's carrying for malicious intent.

I have to admit when this whole anti-drone crowd started forming in society, I kind of laughed it off as just a joke from jealous people who couldn't afford them and wanted to ruin everyone else's fun, but watching this can of worms spread has actually surprised me. It's bad enough that teenage drivers are looked upon as automatic criminals all because their cars sport radar detectors. Now kids playing with their drone are going to be looked upon as criminals as well.

I admit I used to make fun of older folks always complaining about how things were in the good old days. Now I'm realizing where they're coming from. Sad times we live in......:(

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
See, therein lies the problem. Assuming that someone is flying a drone just for malicious intent without any proof isn't a very safe or fair assumption to make. I'm a CCW holder and I can't just open fire upon an OCer all because I assume he's carrying for malicious intent. ................

I admit I used to make fun of older folks always complaining about how things were in the good old days. Now I'm realizing where they're coming from. Sad times we live in......:(
In the good old days, drones were never an issue, one less problem to think about. I don't assume all drones are bad, just the ones that may hover over my back yard. They have no legitimate reason to be there invading my privacy. I will use whatever means I can to destroy them the same way I'd step on a surveillance bug if I found it anywhere on my property.

Fly your drone, have a blast with it, just don't fly it over my house or we will have a real problem.

·
Registered
860 Posts
In the good old days, drones were never an issue, one less problem to think about. I don't assume all drones are bad, just the ones that may hover over my back yard. They have no legitimate reason to be there invading my privacy. I will use whatever means I can to destroy them the same way I'd step on a surveillance bug if I found it anywhere on my property.

Fly your drone, have a blast with it, just don't fly it over my house or we will have a real problem.
This

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

Yep.....

·
Banned
9,381 Posts

Exactly. :D

·
Registered
1,657 Posts

Amen Brother!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts

I have a neighbor who's a free-lance journalist and uses a drone to get photos. He practices around the neighborhood, but he makes a point of telling everyone before he flies and he also practices without the camera (he uses a weight to simulate the camera). In addition, he doesn't fly early morning, evening, or when people are out in their yards. I don't mind that, but I would mind somebody's drone hovering over my house unannounced.

Fly over my house if you like, but keep on moving. Hovering is like standing at the curb staring into my windows - it's rude.

Jim

·
Registered
786 Posts
The issue is when people take a benign object and operate it like they are idiots, or purposely in violation of known laws. We've seen drones in controlled airspace causing a real hazard to heavy and light aircraft. Not only at airports, but at fire and accident sites.

The privacy and noise issues take a back seat to public safety issues. A drone flying into your windshield, control surfaces, or engines is definitely a hazard. Especially so during takeoffs and landings.

The debate would seem to center around the effect of regulations on the stupid, ignorant, and those with malicious intent. Something tells me we've been to this rodeo!

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts