Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever been able to get a good nites sleep? Since I was a boy and was old enough to go on the huntting / fishing trips I have never been able to get a good nites sleep. Ofcourseafter the hipe of opening day is over with I have no trouble sleeping that nite. I have been this way all of my life and I guess its just the boy in my that refuses to grow up.
I wouldn't change it for the world to tell ya'll the truth was just wondering if anyone else is like that.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
No, I can't sleep very well that night, and I get pretty dang antsy several weeks before season.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Snuffy, deer hunting runs so thick in my blood that I starting planning next year's hunt the day after this year's season ends! Scouting, shed hunting, looking at maps for the zillionth time, analyzing what I could have done different, praying for weather (and doing the sacred snow dance), sighting in the rifles for the zillionth time (any excuse to shoot), trying to decide which rifle to use next year (just how many deer rifles does a man need?), maintaining my gear, talking with different hunting partners about which tag draw to apply for, and this is just in the first couple of months after the season closed! Hell, I probably won't sleep tonight just thinking about opening day in September!

Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Not a chance of over-sleeping with my daughter around! I think she must sleep in her huntin' cloths and boots and is up an hour before anybody else when we hunt.
Current problem---she thinks she has to have every little gizmo there is for hunting. Her money--she worked for it--but 3 pairs of hunting gloves, 2 different pairs of huntin' boots, multi camos from the surplus store, etc, etc,etc. The fever is bad.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
All-right, all-right! i might be guilty of some of it.:)
I probably use to be that enthusiastic when i was younger.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the fever gets stronger as time goes on.lol I knew I wasn't the only one. The main part that I loved about hunting in my younger days was to listen to the sotries that thenolder hunters would tell. They were very good story teller's as I could close my eyes listen to them talk and I was on that hunt with them.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Don't even bother trying to sleep before opening day. Recheck every bit of gear 4 times. If I lay down I am back up doing something else in 5 minutes usually just give up and get in the car by 3am. On opening day I usually have to leave the woods by 11am or noon for a nap as I am so worn out by the hype. Sometimes I get back in the woods by the late afternoon hunt, but the rest of the season goes pretty good for all day hunts. Started bow hunting last season so that may take the edge off as it gets me in the woods 2 1/2 months early. Buck Fever is to the Bone. Now if I can just wrap my mind around this black powder stuff we can push the season just a little longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts