Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Count Ursunk
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my grandkids dont believe,anymore,that it is against the law to buy candy on saturday..this means i have to committ the crime..on top of all that,they rush in and encourage me.they have no shame....what happened to penny bubblegum,5 cent sodas,and the big ole cookie jar?can we remember our favorite choice at the store? mine was....ike and mike stage planks.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Milk Duds, Look, Cow Tails, Tootsy Rolls and oh yes Tootsy Pops... but my all time favorite and still is.... is salt water taffy anyway I can get it.

·
Count Ursunk
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
salt water taffy?...i musta missed that one...i remember peanut butter logs and jawbreakers that had to be washed down with lotta cola,nehi,or suncrest.cant remember the name,but it seems like it was lottacola that had certain levels on the bottle ,that as we were gulping down,depicted how strong and brave you were.....of course,if you drank the whole bottle,you would be crowned the hero. lot of belly aches back then!!!!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Peanut butter logs and Yoohoo. But one of the best days of my young life was when Reesees peanut butter cups appeared...I thought they were heaven.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Mine were, Bit-o-Honey, Zagnut bars, & Mr. Peanut peanut brittle bars, Mounds, & Almond Joy. Oh, . . . . & The boxed little pretzel sticks we used to get at the movies !

·
Count Ursunk
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i cant believe i left out Bit-O-Honey...i used to put the whole pack in my back pocket like a billfold....kinda warmed um up so i could chew um....speshally in the winter time.malted milk balls was another.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Jaw-breakers, liccorice shoe-strings, smarties,Bazooka bubble-gum,Heath bars were$.03 when all others were a nickle. Trying to spend a dollar on penny candy and just get one of everything would drive the counter-person nuts. Then have the next three kids in line do the same thing.... :D

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I remember going around the neighborhood collecting the little coke bottles and trading them in at the neighborhood store for a penny apiece. I always liked Hershey Bars for a nickel, and when Reeses PB cups came out I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Man, we just had this same conversation on Sunday, Zagnuts or we sometimes called them Squirrel Nuts, were the hands down winner for us ole folks, with Mary Janes coming in a close second, but the memories of penny candy and making those choices, Hhhmmmm!

·
Count Ursunk
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i forgot..Sugar daddy,moonpies,butterfinger,and zero...cut grass all day just to get to the local store before they closed.

·
Registered
842 Posts
quote:Originally posted by mrb

i forgot..Sugar daddy,moonpies,butterfinger,and zero...cut grass all day just to get to the local store before they closed.
Moon Pies and RC Cola were staples in most little country stores in Ky. Also the little short bottles of coke and Nehi orange Crush.:)
Baker

1 - 11 of 11 Posts