Ruger Forum banner

The One and Only Car/Truck/Motorcycle Thread

39K views 632 replies 121 participants last post by  convertible06 
#1 ·
In an effort to allow more topics and still maintain the central focus of the forum on firearms we are creating a single thread for you to post pictures of the cars you have rebuilt, owned, etc. and discuss topics in that regard. This is the only thread that will be allowed on the subject . Any others will be removed and if it becomes a problem for moderation we will then eliminate the topic entirely. I have made the thread a sticky.

#44 ·
I

I have your stangs twin, this is my 93 GT 5.0 with 87K original miles.

Put a new set of G force 2's on it this year.

Here is my pops 48 chevy stylemaster, 216 inline 6, 3 speed on the collar.

These only come out if the sun is shining.

#3 ·
In an effort to allow more topics and still maintain the central focus of the forum on firearms we are creating a single thread for you to post pictures of the cars you have rebuilt, owned, etc. and discuss topics in that regard.
Thanks Terry............classic cars/trucks are just as nice to view as a classic firearm. I think they are a part of Americana too. (y)

#4 ·
I've owned quite a few GM rides, but this 1970 has a special place with me. It's a good old truck. It's Hugger Orange, but I thought the black & white was cool.

Attachments

#280 ·
A Lot of guys wish for coke and hookers if they won the lottery (I saw the YouTube video)...Me? And I Swear On A Stack Of Bibles, I wish for an Air Conditioned Garage with a fixed post lift and a huge parking lot...

CSTs prettiest truck ever made....
'68 GMC, 1500, 307, column shifter.
Wheel Tire Jeans Vehicle Land vehicle

Women Will Leave You and Your Best Dog Will Die...

I Love My Truck It's Parked Right Outside
Ain't Got Much Luck But I Dam Sure Got A Ride

The GMC is long gone (teardrop). And there's been a few in between, this is my daily now.
'04 ~45K miles.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

#5 ·
Started driving at 16. I'm 54 now and have owned over 30 cars/trucks and over 20 bikes in my life.
Don't have pics of all of them but here are a few of the most recent ones.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Sports car Alloy wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Alloy wheel

Vehicle Car Hood Bumper Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Chevrolet

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep wagoneer Sport utility vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Coupé

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Volkswagen beetle

#15 ·
Started driving at 16. I'm 54 now and have owned over 30 cars/trucks and over 20 bikes in my life.
Don't have pics of all of them but here are a few of the most recent ones.
Nice vehicles!

I don’t post pics of my vehicles on any forum, since I write for the industry and like to remain anonymous online, but I also love Miatas and Fox Body Mustangs.

That said, I own a 99 Miata and will likely get a Pre-1994 LX 5.0 Mustang convertible in light blue or green in a few years. I have two other collectible vehicles, too.

#564 ·
Salute to the moderators for coming to this decision ... now before some knucklehead goes and disrupts the positive vibes of this thread ... nothing beats a vette ... sorry that's a fact! :geek: View attachment 146231

Nice, I had the same C-3, 1982 Collector's Edition. The last year of the Stingrays, and the lifting rear bubble glass. Loved the two-tone Champagne color with the champagne leather interior. They didnt make the Corvettes the following year in 1983, they had to get the plant ready for the changeover with the new drastically redesigned C-4 generation corvettes for 1984. I got one of those too back then, but liked the 82 much better.

I've slowed down with age, now my play vehicle is a much slower 31 year old classic 1st generation Wrangler YJ with the bullet proof AMC designed 4.0 inline 6. I've been slowly modifying and accessorizing it over the years to make it my own. I use it on trails and to explore the Florida backcountry, Bass fishing trips and running errands locally around town. My primary ride is the Cadillac CTS, probably be the last new car I'll ever buy.

Wheel Water Sky Car Tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Car

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle

#8 ·
@JeffreyR , I love that Wagoneer! What year was that? I had a '77.

My current ride, the Jagdwagon (2018 F150 XLT):

Before I added the camo stripe down the side:

And Mrs. Aqualung's baby (2002 F150 XLT):

We're truck folks, if that's not obvious.

Aqualung

#20 ·
I'm a gun nut but cars were my first love. I enjoy just about anyhting with four wheel and a motor so this is my kind of thread.

This has been my daily driver for the last 7 years and almost 100k miles.

#21 ·
Of all the bikes I've owned I rode these two the most. Both were 1986 Yamaha FJ1200's. Love the big bore sport tourers.
1st I sold with 143K miles on it

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Alloy wheel

the second I sold after 124K miles. Yeah.....I rode a lot.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Reactions: Corndog and 95C1500
#28 ·
Found this in my neighbor's garage. I think its a 1921 Chevrolet Touring Car. I considered taking it on as a project, but I know I would never complete it. Still its a neat garage find:

Tour of Touring Car

Neighbor died. I helped the family clean up some of the clutter. The car is still there. I don't have the space to work on it at my house, and rentals are pretty high.

I did some research on getting it registered again and met with a lot of frustration:
1) DMV says I need to find the title. I said it has plates from 1967 on it. They said that doesn't help. How could that not help?
2) DMV said I needed to find a VIN number. I can't find any numbers on the block or frame.
3) DMV said that the car has to be turned over the the State Police instead of my owning it. How the heck can THAT be true?
4) DMV said I would need to pay sales tax. I said it was being given to me. One angry guy yelled from the office "yeah but that is worth $60,000." Why was he angry, how could he put a price on something he never saw, and why the heck was he listening to my conversation?

#29 ·
So I used to think I was a "Chevy guy" and "truck person," have had several, but after a sea of issues fixed and several more starting to crop up, decided I'm done with Chevy's.

I finally came to my senses and realized that my wife's RAV4 was a better driver, better for the kids, and 95% of the time would haul what I needed, the rest of the time a trailer would do.

And I went hybrid, so not only does it get 45.6 MPGs (for real, that's my last 500 mile average), but it's surprisingly fast.

So I guess I'm not a "truck person" anymore since we have His and Hers Rav4s.

Attachments

#30 ·
Owned every aircooled model VW out there except the Thing (Type 181). Also a huge fan of the inline six engine. I just shake my head when I see the restomods on TV as they can only pop in yet another small block of big block v-8 . Yes they run but it's boring. Mopar slant sixes used to run Nascar.

Right now I only have my 90 Toyota pickup. So old it's not even a Tacoma. Last of the 4cyl 4wd Runs great but 3400 pounds with 116hp is like chess. I need to be three moves ahead of everyone else. It will climb anything though.

#32 ·
Great view! That power hook-up tower sure is fancy!

#33 ·

2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4. 219,000 miles. Fab Four steel bumpers front and rear with a Warn winch in the front. 6” lift and 35X12.5 Nitto. Dual battery system with ACR to power all the lights and accessories. Decked bed storage, Front Runner bed rack and Tepui rooftop tent. 2M/70CM and HF transceivers for communications.

#35 ·
'1969 Road Runner - my first car, donated to me by my oldest brother, who bought it new. He was tired of no power steering/brakes and - most importantly - no A/C. He got a new '72 SS with a 350 engine with all the bells and whistles. It sucked. I wound up driving it to the junk yard with him and his fellow office employees standing outside and giving it the one-finger salute, back in about 1983.

As for my Road Runner, it has been garaged since 1990 - when I left it with my parent for Desert Shield. Hasn't been run since 1992 but only has about 10K miles on the (new) engine. After my parents passed, I retrieved it but haven't really had a chance to prep it for running. The brakes (most likely the master cylinder) are shot and the tires are most certainly dry-rotted after almost 30 years (but they look great!).

One of my projects, but due to age and other matters of importance (maintaining our farm and the vast motor pool of equipment and implements and taking care of our two horse), I may contract out the mechanical restoration to someone trustworthy. Would prefer to keep it pretty close to as it left the factory. The only thing on it that didn't leave the factory is the wheels and tires, the AM radio, the front seat upholstery, and the engine. Had it repainted several years ago with the original color matched. My brother's son (my nephew) will get it when he can properly park/garage it.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Classic car