Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remington 870 Express with rifle sights, Surefire forend, ATI folding stock fitted with a rubber butt pad, heat shield, and side-shell carrier.

Post-ban Colt Match Target H-Bar. More than I'd care to list but the main things are a custom 30mm tube Tasco scope (goes up to 40X!), trigger parts, and a full-float barrel tube. The thing easily shoots under 1MOA with the stock barrel.

Remington 700VS .308. It needs a set new set of rings as I will use a larger BSA target scope that was warrantied after breaking with the .50BMG. It's got a Timney adjustable trigger, muzzle brake, and Choate Ultimate Sniper stock.

Mech-Tech Carbine conversion with a Trijicon Reflex sight and a polymer cheekpad fitted. It is a total blast to shoot. I'd like to shorten and port the barrel.

Watson's Weapons .50BMG take-down conversion. It's a great bang for the buck as far as accuracy but is a real pain in the ass to load. Breaks cheap scopes. I'd like to upgrade the brake and get a dedicated single-shot lower for it. A Redfield 6-18X target scope is setup high to match the AR ergonomically.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Awesome selection of weapons you have there! How do you like the ATI folding stock on your 870? I have thought of buying one for my Mossburg. (Looks like you have a case of BRD like me too!) I would love one of those .50 cals too!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I love the stock. It's a little loose extended, but that's easy to get used to. I just keep inward pressure on it. Empties also bounce off the stock when folded, but that's not a problem, either. It comes with a narrow, molded-in buttplate that kicks the crap outa the shoulder with heavy loads. I cut it off and used a rubber one from a Choate Mini-14 pistol grip stock. It fits perfectly, but will still leave a bruise if I do a lot of shooting. I used to have a wide, rigid Choate pistol grip stock that I installed a recoil reducer into. That was a dream...I could even shoot it one-handed...but it was a bit heavy for my tastes. This is light, handy, and I love the grip design...much like a Thompson SMG.

The .50BMG is so much fun...especially if there's large fruit and lots of hard, expendable targets to destroy. After being a machinegunner for a few years I couldn't be without one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts