Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Not Ruger talk, RugerForum.com, I have been on of late sometimes it works other times not. Does anyone use Ruger talk, I never tried I thought the secret talk thing was a bunch of crap.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Totally forgot about that site. Can't say I'm a fan of how they treat young shooters, but oh well. I don't join sites to win popularity contests. :D

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I'm registered there, and I've posted a handful of times there. Very slow, though, so I tend to forget about it.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
I like it... and I like this one. Both have a place in my bookmarks. I could care less about 'style' and 'bling'. Both could be old style command-line interfaces like the o' bulletin boards .... Content is everything and both sites have that.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I used to use both sites, but stopped checking out the other Ruger forum since it seemed 75% of the people who frequent this one, also post identical posts over there. It seemed redundant. There's also less activity and the categories are more "broad", like there is just "Ruger Revolvers", where here on this forum, the Double Action and Single Action forums almost have their own unique personalities..........

·
Registered
342 Posts
site is working. good bunch of guys.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Never liked that other one. As petty as it may sound I just never could stand the page layout and look of the site.
Yeah I actually began there...difficult layout..stumbled onto this site a week or two later...much more what I'm accustomed to:cool:

Nice folks over there though..

·
Registered
144 Posts
The odd thing I have noticed about the other site is how active the Classifieds section is as compared to this site. They have multiple postings a day in their classifieds, while here you may see the same number of posts in a week or two. The discussion in the forums is exactly the opposite. There are many more discussion posts here. The classifieds are the only reason I really view the forum.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The odd thing I have noticed about the other site is how active the Classifieds section is as compared to this site. They have multiple postings a day in their classifieds, while here you may see the same number of posts in a week or two. The discussion in the forums is exactly the opposite. There are many more discussion posts here. The classifieds are the only reason I really view the forum.
I had better stay away then....I'm a sucker for classifieds

·
Registered
717 Posts
Appears they have server problems ?
The "other" Ruger forum has had problems for some time.
The owner is very ill and has had trouble maintaining it from what I understand.
I believe a few guys are chipping in their time and getting everything up to snuff hopefully.

This forum and that one are very different from one another.
I like both for different reasons.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I looked at that forum a while back, and I didn't like the layout as much, (as someone else said several categories are lumped together, like all Ruger rifles and shotguns are in the same sub forum). But there were a lot of Mini-30 and GSR threads, so I attempted to register. After hitting submit, I kept getting the message that my e-mail was not valid and could not be used ????? I had another friend who is a member there contact the moderators to make them aware of my problems registering. He tried 4 or 5 times and never got an answer back.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
They have recently had some immediate difficulties that have now been resolved.

There will still be the occasional "unavailable" situation until everything is sorted out.

They're working on it.

:)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts