Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you guys ever see anything else with this laminate pattern, please let me know. These always get some attention when I bring them out of the case all together at the range. I'm working on some grip panels for the 22/45 and my GP100 as well... we'll see how it goes. For now, enjoy!

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
Sweet, were those laser etched, stamped or hand carved? They look like they were done on a laser ...

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know JD, all's that I know is that they're a laminate. I'm not sure what the whole process is.

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
I don't know JD, all's that I know is that they're a laminate. I'm not sure what the whole process is.
FYI:

That MK III Hunter is AWESOME ...

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks SR9C, it's hard to photo when it's cloudy and rainy in NE Ohio... darn camera flash washes out the pics. :)

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey Buckeye,

How are the Rugers to take apart and clean? I have a S&W 22A and its a pain in the A$$, it shoots good but it looks like the rugers are made alot better the S&W has a plastic recoil spacer in it and wears out and needs replacing often.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Buckeye,

How are the Rugers to take apart and clean? I have a S&W 22A and its a pain in the A$$, it shoots good but it looks like the rugers are made alot better the S&W has a plastic recoil spacer in it and wears out and needs replacing often.
The 22A is a legend in it's own right, but I prefer the Rugers. They're super easy to take apart, but they can be a little tricky to put back together. Nobody ever gets it to go back together right away, but after you learn the technique it becomes 2nd nature. There's a ton of threads on that, plus some video's to help explain it.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, thats sumthin else!
Not sure how I feel about the lamanate, but that's just me!
It can be a love it or hate it. I grew up w/ my grandpa having bench rest rifles of every color imaginable. Everything from plain wood to purple ad from plain black to a stock designed with some sort of laminate or coating giving it the appearance that it was cut out of a rebel flag. Love it or hate it, it always gives you something to look at. :cool:

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Sweet, were those laser etched, stamped or hand carved? They look like they were done on a laser ...

All laser cut. I do believe they're all done by Altamont for TALO who is behind all the USST models.

Revolution also offer a few stock design in the red/natural/blue laminate. A nice addition would be to get one each of the coins/medals that kinda went along with the USST support.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hey Buck on one of my contenders I've got that same wood in red, white and blue on the forearm. I think I got that about 20 years ago.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Buck on one of my contenders I've got that same wood in red, white and blue on the forearm. I think I got that about 20 years ago.
Man, I'd love to see a pic of that Brisk! :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice collection , used to go shooting with magnum handguns and 45-70 ,but the last two years been shooting with my 9 year old son , we go to the range with a bag of MK III's 22/45 ,and our 10/22's forgot how fun it was to shoot the .22lr , take the big guns out now only b4 hunting season , gotta get one of those chargers, never really liked the laminate but those are pretty cool and the engraveing is asome

1 - 20 of 36 Posts