Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder what will happen to the price of silver (and gold) if Romney wins? My guess is it will rise because the industrial demand will increase.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
funny you should mention this-- i was looking for gold flake last week to teach 3rd graders how to pan. surprisingly, even in a city this size and of this sort gold purveyors are hard to find these days. had to settle for gold leaf. less than ideal for my purposes but still worked out ok. it was at $1714 or so per/oz last week when i was looking. i'm guessing both gold and silver will go through the roof, as the rest of the world is not too thrilled about the idea of a president romney.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
funny you should mention this-- i was looking for gold flake last week to teach 3rd graders how to pan. surprisingly, even in a city this size and of this sort gold purveyors are hard to find these days. had to settle for gold leaf. less than ideal for my purposes but still worked out ok. it was at $1714 or so per/oz last week when i was looking. i'm guessing both gold and silver will go through the roof, as the rest of the world is not too thrilled about the idea of a president romney.
In the past gold and silver have been a hedge against uncertain times but in the last 20 years the industrial demand has increased dramatically. With our factories not running at a very high capicity both metals have stalled in price. But if Romney wins and the factories start running again the price may jump through the roof.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
I have my doubts that Romney is going to waltz into the Oval Office ... throw a switch ... and the factories start running again. Doesn't work that way.

Silver is certainly an industrial commodity ... but the US is just one cog in the wheel of global demand. Bloomberg is reporting that demand in China next year will set a record ...

China Silver Demand to Climb to Record - Bloomberg

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have my doubts that Romney is going to waltz into the Oval Office ... throw a switch ... and the factories start running again. Doesn't work that way.

Silver is certainly an industrial commodity ... but the US is just one cog in the wheel of global demand. Bloomberg is reporting that demand in China next year will set a record ...

China Silver Demand to Climb to Record - Bloomberg
That isn't what Romney has been saying.:D

Even if China starts using more silver I think it will be because the US has more demand for products. I also think manufacturing in the US is pent-up and will start rolling again if Romney is elected. Or it could be just a punch of wishful thinking on my part.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
silver

I wonder what will happen to the price of silver (and gold) if Romney wins? My guess is it will rise because the industrial demand will increase.
With halloween right around the corner, I've been meltin' mine down for silver bullets for all the left wing blood suckin' scumbags:D

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I hope up. I have a few ounces of silver and gold stuck away from when it was a third of current price. I think with Romney in, output will increase, but I don't look for a big jump in price. Not the first year, anyway.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
It's been on the up for years, same as gold and diamonds.
None of these will change in a hurry.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope up. I have a few ounces of silver and gold stuck away from when it was a third of current price. I think with Romney in, output will increase, but I don't look for a big jump in price. Not the first year, anyway.
I'm thinking not quick either but where will the price be during the next election?

·
Banned
41 Posts
I hate to go against the grain but, Gold and silver have recently hit all time highs because the economy is in the tank. If Romney wins and the economy improves the price of gold and silver will fall off because the dollar will be stronger.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hate to go against the grain but, Gold and silver have recently hit all time highs because the economy is in the tank. If Romney wins and the economy improves the price of gold and silver will fall off because the dollar will be stronger.
That is the traditional view of silver. But silver is used in a lot of items you may not even think about. They put trace amounts in sock to prevent bacteria from growing.

My view is silver will go up if the economy tanks and it will go up if the ecomomy recovers and spurs high industrial demand. Above ground levels of silver is currently at record lows.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts