Ruger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I’m in Western WA (not far from Seattle) and all the WallMarts in my area recently stopped stocking ammo. This is political and the employees I talked to in the sporting goods section think it will be permanent. Kind of a bummer because I’ve been shooting a lot of rimfire lately and WallMart was one of the few places in my area that would still sell it for sane prices. I’ve been by Cabela’s several times and they are always sold out. Have WallMarts around the country recently stopped stocking ammo, or is this just a Communist WA thing?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I’m in Western WA (not far from Seattle) and all the WallMarts in my area recently stopped stocking ammo. This is political and the employees I talked to in the sporting goods section think it will be permanent. Kind of a bummer because I’ve been shooting a lot of rimfire lately and WallMart was one of the few places in my area that would still sell it for sane prices. I’ve been by Cabela’s several times and they are always sold out. Have WallMarts around the country recently stopped stocking ammo, or is this just a Communist WA thing?
The Walmart near me just got in 12ga 00 buck. I wanted to buy some but the dude told he couldn't sell me ammo after 8 that it was a ATF law....whatever.

They have had some 270 and 7mm in for most of the hunting season but nothing else except for the 350 legend.

Alot told us when they decided not to sell "handgun ammo". I try not buy from them. But they do have lowest prices. Other places are getting them in they are just getting bought up by everyone else before you see it. Most places don't have a policy that you can only buy a certain amount at a time so when people see it they get it. My LGS had 7.62 x 39. I bought 10 boxes and they might have had 30 in stock; it was also a dollar less per box than what walmart used to sell theirs.

I honestly wish people would stop buying from Walmart myself included. They have no respect for our community and we only continue to feed them. The ammo stock Walmart doesn't sell will still go into circulation else where.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
The Walmart near me just got in 12ga 00 buck. I wanted to buy some but the dude told he couldn't sell me ammo after 8 that it was a ATF law....whatever.

They have had some 270 and 7mm in for most of the hunting season but nothing else except for the 350 legend.

Alot told us when they decided not to sell "handgun ammo". I try not buy from them. But they do have lowest prices. Other places are getting them in they are just getting bought up by everyone else before you see it. Most places don't have a policy that you can only buy a certain amount at a time so when people see it they get it. My LGS had 7.62 x 39. I bought 10 boxes and they might have had 30 in stock; it was also a dollar less per box than what walmart used to sell theirs.

I honestly wish people would stop buying from Walmart myself included. They have no respect for our community and we only continue to feed them. The ammo stock Walmart doesn't sell will still go into circulation else where.

It has nothing to do with the ATF. Walmart just doesn't staff the sporting goods area after that time. Our store is the same way. We also do not have anything left on the shelves and we are not getting any ammo in on the trucks. After Walmart stopped selling handgun ammo, their ammo sales fell to almost nothing. Our sporting goods manager said that she has absolutely no idea if we will get any more. By the way, she is a shooter and is disappointed too.

·
Registered
304 Posts
It has nothing to do with the ATF. Walmart just doesn't staff the sporting goods area after that time. Our store is the same way. We also do not have anything left on the shelves and we are not getting any ammo in on the trucks. After Walmart stopped selling handgun ammo, their ammo sales fell to almost nothing. Our sporting goods manager said that she has absolutely no idea if we will get any more. By the way, she is a shooter and is disappointed too.
The guy at the counter told me it was an ATF rule. I just said oh ok and walked off

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
What exactly makes them "clipizines?" I get the clip/magazine contraction. But many years ago I took a class where the instructor freaked out anytime anyone would say "clip" instead of magazine. It's been burned into my psyche ever since.

BTW I looked them up & some look like clips, others like magazines. Are the clip style exempt from the "detachable magazine" definition?
Because that is what Paul Harrell jokingly referred to them as.

I hear people jokingly refer to them as "clipizines"... making fun of the highly educated liberals.
I am not making fun of the highly educated liberals at all. I don't even bother to acknowledge they exist. I am poking fun at some of the posters on this forum. If you don't call them a magazine, then somehow you demonstrate an error worthy of a teaching lesson. So, I like clipizine and welcome any "making fun" of me that is deserved with open arms.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Big thanks to the posters that are starting to relay information about what they do/don't find and where. Prices. Availability.

That is the purpose of this thread. There are already a dozen threads whining about the issue, I wanted a thread that was informative.

THANKS ALL

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Gander World had .22LR last week. I'll see what they have tomorrow (they are just down the street from the grocery store I'll be going to anyway)

-update- nope, nothing came in this week. They did have an interesting Swedish Mauser that had been modified to use an aperture rear sight and interchangeable front sights. The one installed was an open ring front. Don't have any 6.5x55, so I didn't buy it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've seen .22 aguila come around in my area. I was able to score a 500 rd box when I got my new .22 at sportsmans. I know some places are keep ammo behind the cou ter for the people buy firearms...I dont think its everywhere but I did notice this at my local sportsmans.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Another update, I am now really only looking for 38 sp. From what I can tell, the ammo manufacturers are currently tooled up only for 9mm and 5.56. My GUESS is the guys on soapboxes saying we should all have bought 10mm or 40 S&W guns, will be at the back of a huge backlog in production. I have seen some 45acp, which I have left on the shelf, I just dont shoot mine that much.

Anyway, my update......I have been to several Walmarts (with the wife running her errands) and everyone of them appears to not be restocking ammunition. I know damn well they have the buying power. The clerks I have managed to find said they are not getting shipments. So, I wondered over to the black powder area to look for 209 primers for my BP hunting rifle. Low and behold, 2 boxes. That was it, I cleaned them out with $20. No powders of any kind, no pellets, nada. I did find another 22cal bore snake to replace the one I lost somehow. (I realize WM is not stocking evil ammo anymore nor pistol rounds, but they have great prices on 30-06, when they have it)

They did have 300 winmag and the 350 legend that apparently Walmart thought everybody wanted.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Another update, I am now really only looking for 38 sp. From what I can tell, the ammo manufacturers are currently tooled up only for 9mm and 5.56. My GUESS is the guys on soapboxes saying we should all have bought 10mm or 40 S&W guns, will be at the back of a huge backlog in production. I have seen some 45acp, which I have left on the shelf, I just dont shoot mine that much.

Anyway, my update......I have been to several Walmarts (with the wife running her errands) and everyone of them appears to not be restocking ammunition. I know damn well they have the buying power. The clerks I have managed to find said they are not getting shipments. So, I wondered over to the black powder area to look for 209 primers for my BP hunting rifle. Low and behold, 2 boxes. That was it, I cleaned them out with $20. No powders of any kind, no pellets, nada. I did find another 22cal bore snake to replace the one I lost somehow. (I realize WM is not stocking evil ammo anymore nor pistol rounds, but they have great prices on 30-06, when they have it)

They did have 300 winmag and the 350 legend that apparently Walmart thought everybody wanted.
Us 10mm guys just want you to get a 10mm for your own safety and well being. lol

Not that im only a 10mm guy.

·
Registered
771 Posts

While I did have a few chuckles at the 'You just need to have a 9mm and a 5.56 'cause that will always be available' crowd during much of this year it will no doubt be the first ammo to come back to 'normal' availability (if there is such a thing). My approach is more basic, have something that will shoot whatever ammo is available (within reason). I couldn't always do that, I keep reminding my grandson that he is well ahead of where I was in accumulating firearms at 17 but a half century later ......
I do still think that I 'need' a 10, maybe next year.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
"hard" for them to answer the phone? There's a few large stores here that haven't bothered for weeks. Recording: "Due to high volume & limited staff, calls are not being accepted."
Have you been in a gun shop lately that has any inventory? They are hopping busy.

What would you do, answer the phone for people price comparing all the time or call the next number for the customer waiting in person, with a pocket full of gun money. At least Kygunco keeps up the website pretty well, but ammo comes and goes so quickly, you cannot trust the website for ammo.
[/QUOTE]
Always Always ALWAYS deal with the person standing in front of you before the person calling on the phone or sending a text or an email. You want to answer the phone and take down a number to call back; that's okay, but you can't ignore the person who bothered to walk in your door. Anything else is rude.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Because that is what Paul Harrell jokingly referred to them as.

I am not making fun of the highly educated liberals at all. I don't even bother to acknowledge they exist. I am poking fun at some of the posters on this forum. If you don't call them a magazine, then somehow you demonstrate an error worthy of a teaching lesson. So, I like clipizine and welcome any "making fun" of me that is deserved with open arms.
I remember the thread where you coined the term. I love it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I’ve seen quite a bit of .38 super still on the shelves at several places. It’s a caliber I’ve never before given any consideration. Paul Harrell likes it, now I’m eyeballing firearms in this caliber.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I do not know if you guys follow screwtube, but the Texas AG has filed against CTD for price gouging. CTD is a TX based company. They "may" have to issue refunds to customers and "might" be assessed fines also. I have mixed feelings about this, but it could not happen to a sh&*ier company.

I logged into their site and the prices are the same as previous........................ $60 for a box of target grade 9mm.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Farm & Fleet had Winchester 5.56 Green Tips ($80 for a box of 150). Higher than it should be, but lower than what a lot of places are selling it for now.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Farm & Fleet had Winchester 5.56 Green Tips ($80 for a box of 150). Higher than it should be, but lower than what a lot of places are selling it for now.
That is not bad for green tips. I found 55 grain Winchester LC brass for $90/200 at Academy Sports (with 3 box limit).

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
That is not bad for green tips. I found 55 grain Winchester LC brass for $90/200 at Academy Sports (with 3 box limit).
the limit was even two of the 150 round boxes

Reactions: Corndog

·
Registered
304 Posts
Walmart Score...yes I did it... the guy they called over looked like he was disturbed from a nap. Anyway I am breaking my own rules.

I also scored a set of 30.06 dies and 45 cal lever revolution bullets from sportsmans warehouse.Scored .45 auto dies from the LGS. Still can't find primers but I am finding powder.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts