Ruger Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Update.......Basspro

Today was a work day and I was near the Clarksville, IN Basspro. I needed a new fuel line for my duck-boat and since BP quit mail order I was hoping for ammo on the counter.

Winchester green-tip 5.56 was in stock at $11/20.......5 box limit
Herters 22LR $8.49/100.........5 box limit
They also had about 12 boxes of 40 S&W ammo.......but that stuff is for sissies (and I don't own one) ;)

Fuel line $30...........1

Only detoured 5 miles off my route.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ohh nice score im going to have to stop by the ol Cabelas today...see what they have.

I'm still on the search for primers mostly. I have enough powder to all the calibers I've planned for.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
@JACtheVaquero, can you mail primers? I am always on the prowl and would be glad to drop some in a flat rate envelope. I saw some primers today as well as bullets and brass, but I don't reload.

Cabelas/Basspro quit mail order selling ammo. The guy at the gun counter said it should increase what the stores see, since mail order was intercepting it before the stores were restocked.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
@JACtheVaquero, can you mail primers? I am always on the prowl and would be glad to drop some in a flat rate envelope. I saw some primers today as well as bullets and brass, but I don't reload.

Cabelas/Basspro quit mail order selling ammo. The guy at the gun counter said it should increase what the stores see, since mail order was intercepting it before the stores were restocked.
no, you can't mail primers. They have to be shipped common carrier (UPS, FedEx) as hazardous materials.

·
Registered
304 Posts

Dang I wish it was that easy. I had someone who was going to sell me some but it looks like its a bigger hassle than what its worth. I appreciate it though!

Sportsmans stopped selling online too and thier stock is starting to come back a little.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just bought 1k of sr and sp on powder valley. They had some LP also....get it while their servers aren't crashed.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Saw this too late

The servers kept locking up while I made my order. I ended up exiting everything and hoped stuff was still in my cart when I reopened a new window and it actually was still in my cart. I had to close out and start over a few times to finish the transaction. As soon as I finished I made my post and it figures that they were all gone.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Well damn @American. At least you tried. I stopped by Rural King today for some hydraulic fluid for my tractor. I could have gotten it closer to home. I scored a box of 9mm ($18/50) and a box of 45 acp ($23/50). Not worth my effort really, but I was sort of already there.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts