Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This doesn't count the people that have body guards that carry for them. These are some of the people that chose to have their own guns on their body. Dianne Feinstein is reported to have had a CCW back in the 1970's but I don't know how long she had one. That would be an odd person to support CCW would it not?? Additionally, I found these others listed in the book "More Guns Less Crime" by John Lott, Jr. (2010): Bill Cosby, Cybill Shepherd, Howard Stern, Donald Trump, Tom Selleck & Robert De Niro. Of course I knew Magnum carries a 45 in his lower back position and Robert De Niro carries a big machine gun he got from the movie Heat. { I am just guessing about the De Niro movie gun } Bill Cosby is another strange one due to his liberal stance. So even with body guards some big shots want CCW. When I get some body guards I think I'll just quit carrying. Don't see the need.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
David Crosby, of Crosby, Stills & Nash was once arrested in NJ for carrying a .45-cal Pistol with 3 fully loaded mags, a knife, and an ounce of Marijuana in his luggage (The search was later deemed illegal and overturned).

When asked why he had the pistol, his only response was: "John Lennon".

Sounds like a good enough reason to me!

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Dianne Feinstein is reported to have had a CCW back in the 1970's but I don't know how long she had one. That would be an odd person to support CCW would it not??
It's not as odd as it might appear.
Dianne Feinstein was President of the Board of Supervisors in San Francisco in 1978 when crazed Supervisor Dan White gunned down Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk in their offices.

Feinstein was next door in her office when all of this happened. She heard the shots and discovered the dead body of Harvey Milk in his office.

As President of the Board, Feinstein became the Mayor of SF that day. I can imagine her getting a permit and carrying a gun for awhile.

I also think this shocking incident has a lot to do with her strong anti-gun stance.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
If they are actually concealed . . . . who would know? :rolleyes:
They sure as all (bleep) would not go around telling anyone.

Let's see . . . . . . CONCEALED carry . . . . .

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Along these lines, Rosie O'Donnell rails against guns, but last I heard, her bodyguard packs. Sheer hypocrisy, but of course, the media ignores it.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I just remembered....not exactly on topic, but Sarah Brady bought her son a rifle back in the early 2000s. That's hypocrisy of the highest order!

·
Registered
332 Posts
This doesn't count the people that have body guards that carry for them. These are some of the people that chose to have their own guns on their body. Dianne Feinstein is reported to have had a CCW back in the 1970's but I don't know how long she had one. That would be an odd person to support CCW would it not?? Additionally, I found these others listed in the book "More Guns Less Crime" by John Lott, Jr. (2010): Bill Cosby, Cybill Shepherd, Howard Stern, Donald Trump, Tom Selleck & Robert De Niro. Of course I knew Magnum carries a 45 in his lower back position and Robert De Niro carries a big machine gun he got from the movie Heat. { I am just guessing about the De Niro movie gun } Bill Cosby is another strange one due to his liberal stance. So even with body guards some big shots want CCW. When I get some body guards I think I'll just quit carrying. Don't see the need.
Doesn't anyone think it strange that our President [surrounded by guards armed with full autos] who thinks we Americans don't need guns is the same President that evidently thinks the Mexican's need 'em! Evdently thinks the jihadis in Syria and Libya need guns too. And then there's the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt! They need F16's!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Sean Hannity does. Said he had CCW for half his life on his show this week. For myself, I plan to feel much safer when I can install the three inch glass at my house and in my car like the president. Of course until I can do this, I'll carry like other normal non-rich people do.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Feinstein was shown on C-Span were she said years ago she had a bomb placed at her house but it did not go off and she also had the windows shot out in her home. Due to this she said, "she was trained in firearms" and carried a gun. She believed if someone wanted to hurt her, she wanted to take them with her. I guess a government official needs a gun but the rest of us can go without.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have read that Chuck Shummer (the sen) has a permit to carry.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Howard Stern is a gun owner. He said a few weeks back that he has a Seecamp and a revolver. But don't count Howard as some huge 2A supporter. He is definately not black rifle friendly. He is a celeb who thinks regular folks can own guns...just not AR's. I like to listen to him but he is clueless like most NYC people when it comes to the real reason for the 2nd Amendment.

·
Registered
395 Posts
No specific names, but once on a news report, they said many NFL players carry. Something close to 50 % of them.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have read that Chuck Shummer (the sen) has a permit to carry.
That is interesting because CCW in NYS is not easy, even in outstate. I wonder does he NOT carry when he goes to NYC. Or, does he do want he wants and if caught, it would swept under the rug.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts