Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,915 Posts
It sounds like it would be effective in cities like Seattle, Portland, Austin , and other places where there politicians are restricting tear gas, flash bangs, and rubber projectiles. Selectively taking out the agitators of the " mostly peaceful protests " would slow this nonsense down.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don’t think shooting protesters is a good idea. I don’t think shooting rioters is a good idea. Really, should we abandon the concept that lethal force should be used only when one is in danger of death or bodily harm. A person breaking a window with a baseball bat is not threatening anyone with death or injury. Of course there are exceptions fo the fundamental rules for the use of firearms. For example a person throwing Molotov Cocktails or explosives probably needs to be shot with something like a 22LR. A person shooting at you, well, we all know how to respond to the use of lethal force.

Reactions: VincentG58

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,915 Posts
I have no problem at all with protesters. They have every right to assemble peacefully and sing, chant slogans, carry signs, or march. They have no right to impede traffic or block emergency vehicles. I define a riot as a violent protest where property is being damaged or stores looted . The proper response to a riot would be riot police with shields helmets, and clubs. If rioting continues, or missiles are thrown at officers, tear gas, flash bangs, and less lethal projectiles should be deployed to restore order and stop damage to public and private property. Unfortunately the politicians elected in many cities are restricting the options that law enforcement can use quell these violent incidents. Home and business owners as well as taxpaying citizens are paying the cost of this destruction and mayhem. I don't want to see rioters, and certainly not innocent protesters, shot with anything. But the chaos of destruction must be stopped. I want to see water cannons and other non lethal methods employed quickly and decisively. Unlike you, I think someone throwing Molotov cocktails or explosives is a threat to harm or kill people and should be taken down by the most effective means available. Scoped center-fire rifles seem appropriate to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don’t think shooting protesters is a good idea. I don’t think shooting rioters is a good idea. Really, should we abandon the concept that lethal force should be used only when one is in danger of death or bodily harm. A person breaking a window with a baseball bat is not threatening anyone with death or injury. Of course there are exceptions fo the fundamental rules for the use of firearms. For example a person throwing Molotov Cocktails or explosives probably needs to be shot with something like a 22LR. A person shooting at you, well, we all know how to respond to the use of lethal force.
I don't think the Israeli were trying to kill the protesters they were just shooting in the leg, foot etc. This way they are eliminated without having to kill them-and the bullets were a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't think the Israeli were trying to kill the protesters they were just shooting in the leg, foot etc. This way they are eliminated without having to kill them-and the bullets were a lot cheaper.
I agree with your assessment. Israeli Defense Forces were trying to find a less lethal means of putting down a violent rioter. I did a good bit of reading about that. The problem was that they generally shot at the leg so in a number of incidents they ruptured feroral arteries. That is as close to a death sentence as you can create. It is a no good deed goes unpunished scenario.

Reactions: Djfan
1 - 8 of 8 Posts