Ruger Forum banner

The Ruger iHunt

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SA45 
#1 ·
Here’s a little something for the guys who want to do some predator hunting and not spend a fortune on an electronic call. The answer, at least for me, was the Ruger iHunt. It Bluetooth’s to your phone, so your phone becomes the remote for it. After you download the app the playlist is then in your phone, the app includes a compass, (that really works) the weather and a solunar calendar, (sun rise, sun set and major/minor feeding times) which is how plan my hunts for deer. The app can be installed on multiple phones which is ideal when hunting with a partner. As far as range goes, I’ve had mine close to 100yds away from me when it’s a clear line of site, (out in a field and I’m set up at the edge). In the woods it's not as good because of trees and what not. I believe it’s rated at 116db’s.

Some people have reported issues with range but I’ve had no problems with it and my son has had no issues with his. I’ve only used mine for coyotes but a buddy borrowed it for a hog hunt in Oklahoma and had success with it.

It’s made by Phantom Calls, you can probably find it on Amazon, the price point is right at $50.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.