Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night's Season 25(!) finale of The Simpsons, there was an end of school year event called Race Around The School.

When Principal Skinner raised the gun to signal the start of the race, Chief Wiggum shouted, "gun in school!" Wiggum and his fellow cops tackled Skinner to the ground. :D

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
With all the hysteria in schools over gun shaped objects and images (remember the kid's sandwich) I wouldn't be surprised to see them banning the use of starter pistols at track meets.

At one of my son's track meets this spring the starter was having trouble with his pistol - repeated FTF. After yet another failure one of coaches joked "This is Florida - somebody loan him their gun!"

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
With all the hysteria in schools over gun shaped objects and images (remember the kid's sandwich) I wouldn't be surprised to see them banning the use of starter pistols at track meets.

At one of my son's track meets this spring the starter was having trouble with his pistol - repeated FTF. After yet another failure one of coaches joked "This is Florida - somebody loan him their gun!"
Many already have, around here they use compressed air horns or electronic tones over the intercom. :rolleyes:

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I liked the way that episode portrayed the absurdity of kneejerk reactions and hopefully, those who watched were educated by it, or at the very least, provoked them to think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts