Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just picked up a new stainless p89 i got it dirt cheap as the dude thought he made his p89 ugly and decided to sell it. i kinda think its ugly to, but its growing on me, my question is what do yall think. strip it down and make it match my other or keep it and slam the hogue grips on the new one and put the pau ferro hogue wood grips on my original stainless?

keep it or strip and restore it?

and as much as i wanna strip it i know getting stuff dipped isn't cheap so i might keep it just cause of that but i dont know

or embrace the ugly and go something like these hogue grips?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Buy another Houge grip for the painted one and stop calling it ugly.
I have a P85 and never much cared for it until I changed to Houge grip.

There are times you don't want a shiny gun.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy another Houge grip for the painted one and stop calling it ugly.
I have a P85 and never much cared for it until I changed to Houge grip.

There are times you don't want a shiny gun.
i love my rubber finger groove did u use that type? i curious about there other types like the g-mascus ones do u have a set of those an if you do , do they feel any different than the ruger panels?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Put night sites on it and shoot it in the dark.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
I say keep it the way it is ....

here is my P90 that I had done to hide some finish flaws by the previous owner ...

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
i love my rubber finger groove did u use that type? i curious about there other types like the g-mascus ones do u have a set of those an if you do , do they feel any different than the ruger panels?
The hard plastic Ruger panels sucked for me. Yeah, I went with the 1 piece with finger grooves that wraps around it. Instantly increased my follow up shot accuracy and I love the feel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It certainly is unusual. Maybe put those lizard skin grips on it from your third pic just to see if it is too much dazzle.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I like it. I also have something similar. I like traditional looking guns, of course, but I also think my Mosquito is unique. I like your P89... keep it as is..

·
Registered
400 Posts
Man that thing is so ugly its scary! I'll give you $50 for it so you wont have to look at it anymore. Its the least I can do to help you out!.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so im warming up to it, i fired up photoshop and slapped em on the gun, what do yall think now?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
one man's ugly is another man's ugly. I vote new grips and keep it as is. Just don't drop it in the woods you'll never find it.

it does look cool with the photo shop grips.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
oh my god that looks foxy! makes me wanna go get a blued one and do some cerakote
i had it done right here in northeast ohio at a place called Viktors Legacy they are located in Fairport Harbor

1 - 20 of 38 Posts