Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not long ago when I mentioned in a thread that I was interested in obtaining a second magazine for my Browning Buck Mark, one of the fine enthusiasts on that board replied that I should look into getting a device called "The Ultimate Cliploader." I did look into it, and later purchased one. I've now shot more than two thousand rounds that were loaded with this little beauty:

http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/product.php?productid=5823&cat=&page=1

I quickly came to the conclusion that one can very easily make it just fine with only one magazine and this loader. My son recently came over to make a run to the range with me. I let him do virtually all of the shooting. He's not really "into guns" all that much, but after going through a brick of Thunderbolts and watching me use this nifty loader to load mag after mag in just a couple of seconds, he made an astute observation. He said something like "If the guy that invented that thing isn't living over on the Riviera somewhere, he ought to be!" :D

There's no question that it is the most useful gun accessory that I've ever bought. Anyway, there may be others of you out there who can put one to good use, and I wanted to tell you how pleased I am with mine...

Happy shooting!

Amistad

·
Registered
219 Posts
That looks slick. Am heading to a gun show in PHX in a while and will keep an eye out. Put about 280 rds thru my 22/45 yesterday so that loader looks very appealing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine works pretty well, but a round often hangs up in the opening between the loose-rounds compartment (where you dump the rounds) and the loading slot (which lines the rounds up to load them in the magazine). If you know a fix for this, please post it.

You do have to hold the cliploader at the proper angle to make it work right.

·
Banned
700 Posts
They are great at the range once you get the hang of it. I apply some dry lube which seems to help it's function.
However for non range shooting I still like the thumbsaver types. The Butler Creek is no longer made but there are others.

SD

·
Registered
93 Posts
Those things sure make it nice to shoot..
I always dreaded shooting my MarkII, because after awile my fingers would hurt from loading the mags
I have the HK loader now....[^][^]
it works great..no more problems:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts