Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Messing around on one of the Auction sites and found a mislabeled Ruger P89X. Advertised as just a P89 with a mention of the 30 Luger barrel and spring in the description. Starting bid of $399 and BIN for $455, figuring someone would hit the BIN button. Bid the $399 starting price with 5 days to go thinking I wouldn't win it anyway. Pretty much forgot about it until I received the email telling me I had won! :eek: Great condition made in 1995 with the two crime bill 10 round magazines, brass lock, manual, plastic bag and magazine loader. Had the .30 Luger barrel and recoil spring installed with some signs of shooting, the 9mm barrel looks unused. Serial number is 155 off of my other P89X. Probably paid too much but I do enjoy the P series Ruger's and the P89X doesn't show up to often.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
What a nice steal! Still has the inspection sticker on it.

·
Premium Member
14,078 Posts
Nice! Enjoy it sir!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
that seems like a reasonable price for a KP89x

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,777 Posts
Very nice surprise at that price. Looks clean. Congratulations.
*Still getting error message "Certificate Error" when accessing forum. My neighbor is looking for the KP89x and when I logged in to show your pic I am now getting these security errors.

·
Registered
619 Posts
rickclark28, I got the same thing happen again yesterday. I just bypassed it and so far still no problems.

moparclan, very nice Ruger semi auto you scored.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,777 Posts
rickclark28, I got the same thing happen again yesterday. I just bypassed it and so far still no problems.

moparclan, very nice Ruger semi auto you scored.
Thanks my friend. Have a safe holiday. That is a nice "P" series find the OP made, very nice!

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Nice...Congrats! I know of a few guys who would've jumped on it for that price!
I, too, did a typo on GB.com one time...and it matched up perfectly with the mis-typed stainless
Ruger P-95 DAO that I was looking for...popped on a quick bid, which 'held' it, and I bought it,
had it delivered and transferred, for under $300.

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Messing around on one of the Auction sites and found a mislabeled Ruger P89X. Advertised as just a P89 with a mention of the 30 Luger barrel and spring in the description. Starting bid of $399 and BIN for $455, figuring someone would hit the BIN button. Bid the $399 starting price with 5 days to go thinking I wouldn't win it anyway. Pretty much forgot about it until I received the email telling me I had won! :eek: Great condition made in 1995 with the two crime bill 10 round magazines, brass lock, manual, plastic bag and magazine loader. Had the .30 Luger barrel and recoil spring installed with some signs of shooting, the 9mm barrel looks unused. Serial number is 155 off of my other P89X. Probably paid too much but I do enjoy the P series Ruger's and the P89X doesn't show up to often.
I caught that 89x as well, I didn't pursue it because I have 2 ... I figured I'd let you guys hammer away at it ... congrats...

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
I caught that 89x as well, I didn't pursue it because I have 2 ... I figured I'd let you guys hammer away at it ... congrats...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There were actually two listed around the same time the other had 10 bids and sold for $485. This one only had the one bid, I also have two so this makes three plus I have an extra barrel and recoil spring too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts