Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure enough, my first choice for a Ruger long gun is the 10/22 I-TAC 1296. My FFL so eloquently informs me it’s hard to find. A “Unicorn” as he calls it.

My first question is, why is this so hard to find? Are these out of production?

Secondly, how does the I-TAC compare to the S&W M&P 15-22 Sport?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I do not need one but in getting a 10-22 for one of my grandsons I do not remember seeing one. in several Nj large gunstores. Yes we have gun stores in NJ.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
The bigger search revealed none available on gunbroker. Keep searching the big gun sites and they will show up there first (typically) as the big guys will get their hands on them first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. I have searched high and low on all the sites, even gunbroker. There was only one listed on GB. Everyone is out of stock. I’ve even searched the Ruger forums and no discussions since 2013. Kinda crazy. I ran across this deal today on gun.deals and wondered how they compare. Would love to hear from some who have owned or shot these rifles. Too young hear to post a link but see below

(gun.deals/product/sw-mp-15-22-sport-22lr-rifle)

·
Banned
388 Posts
Its just a stainless 10/22 with a ATI stock.

Its a unicorn because of low sales, therefore low production numbers! Not worth the hassle of trying to find one. Just go buy a 10/22 with a threaded barrel and order the ATI stock. Problem solved!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts