Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I am not sure but I think its happened to me. A few weeks ago I ran into a lady I have known from work and we talked form time to time. She was married and so was I at the time. Turns out she is single now like I am. Well we started talking to each other and she wanted to come over to my place. Of course I am just horrified, the place is a real mess heck I have been reloading for a while in the living room lol. Hardly a place to sit down let alone step. So what the heck over she comes to visit and I have to admit we did enjoy the company. She left me a little note in the dust it read you need to clean. Didn't see it until after she was gone. A week later we decide to spend sometime together as she was once again coming over to my place.
After I got off work I sorta felt bad that I really hadn't done anything to the place. So after I got off work and was sitting around the place I get the idea that I am going to clean the place up, lord you wouldn't beleive the amount of trash that was starting to go in the floor. I started at 11 pm and finally got done at 4 am, sweat was just pouring off of me. But the place looked pretty darn good 200 % better than before.
So I got in the shower boy that felt god then I laid awake for seemed like all nite worried I would over sleep. I did get some sleep if ya can call that.
So I go pick her up lucky me I didn't over sleep whew. I was telling her I had something special to show her and she was a little worried I could tell. Well we get to my place and I open the door for her, she walks in and say holy crap. Whew knew I had done good, I had impressed her which is what I wanted to do. She turns to me and says your easily trained, then gives me a nice kiss.
Boy did I ever just fall right in to that trap of hers, trained and didn't even know it was happening to me. I have no idea what she is going to have me doing next but I sure fell into that trap. Didn't even see it coming either.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Careful Snuffy! It's hard telling what else she may have in mind for you. Next thing you know, she'll have you cleaning her place.:D:D

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Snuffy, I lived with one a long time and I have found out that you don't try to understand them. They are wired up different than we are and think different. Glad you found someone to spend time with and enjoy. :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've been married for 40 yrs and dearly love my wife but she drives me nuts at times. I have a futon, small dresser and my reloading table along with a few thousand books, magazines, tools and a few guns I like to have handy in a small bedroom. About once a week just when I get everything arranged on the floor, coffee stand or wherever, my wife slips in there and tidies up and then looks me in the eye and says "I didn't touch or move anything important". If she didn't touch or move anything, where in hell did everything go?? Takes me a whole dang week to find and rearrange it where I know where things are again.:(
Baker

·
Registered
343 Posts
Everything I needed to know about life, I learned from the Muppets..... from the great philosopher, Rowlf the dog:

You can't live with 'em, you can't live without 'em.
There's somethin' irresistabullish about 'em.
We grin and bear it 'cause the nights are long.
I hope that somethin' better comes along.

It's no good complainin' and pointless to holler.
If she's a beauty she'll get under your collar.
She made a monkey out of old King Kong,

Ah, but what could be better than a saucy Irish setter
When puppy love comes on strong?
Or a collie that's classy, a laddie needs a lassie,
A lover and wife gives you a new leash on life.

I don't mean to scare ya, my friend, but I betcha
Come "Father's Day", the litter bug's gonna getcha;
The urge is righteous, but the face is wrong.

Still, it's fun when they're fetching,
And agree to see an etching
That you keep at your lily pad.
There is no solution, it's part of evolution,
You'll sooner hear the souls,
The little feet of tadpoles.

(Ah, Rowlf, tadpoles don't have feet!)
(Oh. Sorry about that.... 2, 3, 4)

There's no limitation to mixin' and matchin'
Some get an itchin' for a critter they've been scratchin'.
A skunk was badgered the results were strong.
I hope that somethin' better,
I hope that somethin' better,
(Beep bop bidder da dum dum bum bum bum!)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Watch out Snuffy = sounds like she has her eye set on you! Being trained ain't so bad if'n the reward after is worth it!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, I just can't figure how she did that to me? I never saw it coming that is what has me wondering. lol Thanks again ya'll.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Snuffy - hope she likes shooting, if she has something against guns - dump her quick and get as far away as possible! If she asks you to take her to the range, just make sure she doesn't outshoot you!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
A woman is like a handgun.

They come in all different weights, sizes and configurations/methods of operations and each can be paticular about how they are. Newer production or older models--tight or a little loose. A trophy showpiece or a working model with a few scars.

Sometimes as with a gun it is love at 1st sight. You have to have her. So you shell out to get her. Our your work your tail off to get her. Just like a gun she comes home immediatley or she is on lay-a-way till you get her. Either way it will cost.

A woman is like a gun without an operating manual. Sometimes a bit hard to figure out the ins and outs and operating procedures. And just because you had a similar model before doesn't mean that you remember everything as it was. Women are like guns in respect to they can all be of the same caliber/model/make but that doesn't mean they will shoot and like the same things and handle exactly the same.

You finally get to take her out. Just like a handgun, she will be comfortable and a good companion, or you will find out that she has a few sharp edges and a bit hard to control with a lot of bark. If you wind up compromising on your standards/principles, you may hang on to her a bit longer but like a gun you may not be totally satisified and may start looking around.

Like a gun you respect her right and take care of her and in turn she will be there and ready to help you when you need her. If she is a good gun, you can trust and depend on her as she will wind up being a daily companion and always close by day or night.

If she turns out to be a bad gun, she can be just as dangerous to the shooter. She can be fussy about how she operates and demanding on specific loads. She could go off half-cocked. And like a bad gun we will take a beating on a trade to get rid of her.

We have all searched for that one gun that we will have and keep with us for the long haul. The one that we swear we will always have and never get rid of. The one that we will spend a fortune on to keep her up and running no matter if she takes a bad fall or looses her timing. We don't care to look at new and improved anymore because we are happy and satisified with what we have.

Like a gun you will grow old together over the years and neither one of you will mind passing the time together.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
WOW deputy - that's heavy---
Snuffy, listen to that bit from Jeff Foxworthy about being trained by his wife and didn't even know it. Very funny stuff.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Man, after reading all those posts, especially Deputy's, I'm gonna rush right out and no matter what anyone thinks or says, I'm gonna buy me a new GUN!!!!!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
And if my wife reads it, i will tell her she is my Browning Auto-5 Belgium "sweet sixteen" which is purty much how i feel about her.:)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jimbo1096

Deputy125, you must be puttin' in for extras! Never saw it so thick around here----

Just like a gun, call it preventive maintance.:)
A little goes a long way in preventing trouble!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Snuffy

thanks guys, I just can't figure how she did that to me? I never saw it coming that is what has me wondering. lol Thanks again ya'll.
Snuffy, If anyone knows this, I shoud be YOU! "Always be aware of your surroundings. Be on the constant look out for threat's. You should NEVER let your guard down."
Good Luck! :D:D:D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep, B.S. keeps the roses growin' pretty....if they die, you gotta clear them out and all you get's the thorns....they know we're butterin' 'em up, but they love it anyways...Deputy's a wise and happy man.....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts