Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of replacing my SCCY CPX-1 sec gen.I like the gun and have never had a problem in 500 rds but I purchased a SR22p and I like the way the grip feels. I understand that the SR9C is pretty close in feel to the SR22p. So I am thinking of either the SR9C or the LC9 as I like the feel of it too. If you were to choose what would you get. I use it for CCW and shooting at the range.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I purchased my own SR-22 specifically because of the LCP and LC9 pistol’s I was shooting and couldn’t be more pleased. My SR9 handles a bit like my SR22 but the triggers are quite different due to their design, but this works out quite well. So in answer to your question, yes, a SR9c or SR40c would be well complemented with an SR22 as a primary trainer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I am thinking of replacing my SCCY CPX-1 sec gen.I like the gun and have never had a problem in 500 rds but I purchased a SR22p and I like the way the grip feels. I understand that the SR9C is pretty close in feel to the SR22p. So I am thinking of either the SR9C or the LC9 as I like the feel of it too. If you were to choose what would you get. I use it for CCW and shooting at the range.
The LC9 would be a lighter than either the SCCY CPX-1 or the SR9C. However, the trigger on the LC9 would more nearly duplicate the SCCY CPX-1's trigger [DA only]. The SR9C would be slightly heavier than the SCCY CPX-1 and slightly larger. The trigger would be entirely different ... much lighter and much shorter.

The SR9C and the SCCY CPX-1 are two entirely different animals according to what I've read on the SCCY CPX-1.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Lets see now,you have a gun that works every time ? why get rid of it,Trade value is only $100 to $150,I would keep it as an extra as some other Mfgs have had issue and people have had to wait for them to come back.

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you can conceal the SR9c, then I would highly reccommend it. I carry one daily under just a tucked t-shirt and nobody can tell that I carry. IMO it is a much better choice than a small sub-compact like the LC9 because it is larger and easier to handle. But, it doesn't conceal as well.

I second the vote to keep your current gun and start adding to your collection. Every time I have sold a gun I end up regretting it sooner or later. I have learned my lesson and am trying not to sell any more guns, just keep adding them.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm suggesting the SR9c because it gives you the high-cap option for the range AND it's quite easily concealable with the small-cap mag.

Great versatile gun... You'll like it... And it DOES have a nicer grip feel than the SCCY (...which has become my "expendable" permanent car gun BTW).

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have an SR22P and an SR40C. They are radically different pistols besides the difference in calibers. The SR22P is a hammer fired DA/SA trigger pistol that has a safety that also works as a de-cocker. It uses blow-back operation and has an aluminum slide.

The SR40C (or 9C) is a striker fired pistol that's trigger operates most like a SA only. It uses a locked breech system opposed to the blow-back and has a stainless steel slide.

The SR22P is a great pistol and wonderful to shoot. The SR40C is a great pistol and wonderful to shoot. But, getting the SR40C/SR9C and thinking the SR22P will be a great training pistol would be somewhat inaccurate. The SR22P is a great training pistol, but more in terms of practicing trigger control and other shooting mechanics.

However, it breaks down differently, its controls are different, it weighs a lot less and it feels different in the hand compared to the SR40/9C. IMHO buy them as great individual pistols, but not because of their similarities, or differences.

I don't think you can go wrong with the SR9C, but again - comparing either it, or the LC9 to the SR22P, or each other isn't entirely accurate. They all function a little differently and all have different purposes. The biggest similarity that I think matters, is that they are all Rugers. I'm not brand myopic, but I really like all my Rugers! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everone. As far as the operation I am aware they are different. I have trained with every us miltary and most communist block weapons so operation is not a big deal. I was more interested in the feel of the gun. The SR22p fits my hand well and so does the SR9c and the LC9. I guess what I should of asked is of the two SR9c or LC9 which has the least issues or problems. I think your right and may hold onto the SCCY. Again thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts