Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an itch for a .44 magnum Alaskan for a while. I might need to start looking.
I like the Lipseys Bisley 3 3/4" Super Blackhawk, but think I will use the Alaskan more.

These darn Ruger Revolvers.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I also thought I needed one, bought one and glad I did. The favorite of my .44 magnums since I like short barreled revolvers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It is a good looking gun, and the first in the Super Redhawk family to inherit the pretty genes. :p

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a 9.5" super Redhawk I really liked in 454. Plan to buy another big one for hunting in .44 and an Alaskan for a trail packer. I am a huge fan of snubbies. My sp101 w/LCR grip is worn everyday with the exception of duty days.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Having shot the 44 Redhawk 4.2 against the 44 Alaskan I am undecided as to which I prefer. The OAL and weights are pretty damn close.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have had an itch for a .44 magnum Alaskan for a while. I might need to start looking.
I like the Lipseys Bisley 3 3/4" Super Blackhawk, but think I will use the Alaskan more.

Get outta my head ! That's the same canundrum that's been spinning around in my head this week, but with the Joker in the deck being the 5 shot 454. I have tried to rule that one out with the logic that I would need new brass, dies and bullet supplies for it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Everyone needs one. Post pics when you get it.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Oh, I'll likely get another 44 mag snubbie DA, but, for now, this one is my dedicated stop a bear gun. Given the muzzle rise when shooting 44 mags, I can shoot it as fast as a DA gun and, oh, what a comfortable gun to shoot compared to a snubbie! Would even be legal to use for hunting in our state.

·
Registered
429 Posts
north, how come your ruger grips are so cute?
i got a new single ten n the grips are comfy but ugly.
no grain at all. looks like paint.
gotta find something nicer.

·
Registered
783 Posts
north, how come your ruger grips are so cute?
i got a new single ten n the grips are comfy but ugly.
no grain at all. looks like paint.
gotta find something nicer.
Susieqz
Have a look at Eagle grips . Com
Nice stuff
Also shop ruger . Com;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yup!

Yup, I agree. Ruger makes good stuff and I have several pieces too. I don't have an Alaskan or a .44Magnum Bisley (yet) and your post got me to thinking - that's spells trouble for my wallet! :) Hope you get what you want. You know the answer to that dilemma is get both to them! ;) Enjoy!

·
Registered
429 Posts
north, you did better than me with factory grips.i see zero grain. i love wood but gotta have pretty grain showing.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Oh, I'll likely get another 44 mag snubbie DA, but, for now, this one is my dedicated stop a bear gun. Given the muzzle rise when shooting 44 mags, I can shoot it as fast as a DA gun and, oh, what a comfortable gun to shoot compared to a snubbie! Would even be legal to use for hunting in our state.

I think that is one of the most beautiful SA revolvers on the planet. I used to have the 7.5" hunter version but sold it because i didn't have a use for it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My stock .44 SRH is still my favorite revolver.

I keep it snugged up to my chest while in the backcountry.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts