Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
332 Posts
My daughter is a petite 22 year old that likes to shoot. She is really struggling with racking my SR9c and Colt .45 at the range.
I can only parrot what others have advised you. The LCP is a great little CC pistol ... BUT IT IS NOT A FUN GUN TO SHOOT AND THE SLIDE IS NOT THE EASIEST TO RACK. Before you spend your money make arrangements for her to handle the LCP ... or any gun you're thinking of purchasing for her. If racking the slide on the LCP causes her trouble [don't be surprised if it does] have her check out a Walther PK380. The slide is the easiest to rack of any pistol I've ever handled. However, the PK380 is a larger pistol and thus would not conceal as readily as the LCP, but it is a fun gun to shoot.

· Registered
332 Posts
Although I agree with 95% of what the others have said about the 380 and the SR22 (my wife loves hers), I think she will have a hard time finding the SR9c feel in anything other than an SR pistol. I would suggest she get the SR9c and work on her racking technique and she will get stronger. It's been a while since I have shot a LC9, but I think the recoil was not as pleasant as the SR9c.
As an owner, lover, and shooter, of both the LC9 and the SR9C I agree 100% with you regarding the relative perceived recoil. The SR9C is an entirely different animal and the perceived recoil is absolutely minimal while the LC9's perceived recoil is MUCH more noticable. While the LC9 is a great gun for what it was intended for, it is simply not a fun gun to shoot. The SR9C IS definitely a fun gun to shoot and relatively much easier to shoot accurately.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.