Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
I use a Lee 1000, and it works great, but it did take some work to get it like that (mainly the primer tunnel has some parting line in it that need smoothing).

It is dedicated 9mm press for me, the handgun ammo I load are 9mm & 45ACP, and you can buy extra die plates, but to switch from Lg. to Sm. pistol primers you have to take the lower end apart.

I started reloading to save money, but now I save money and produce consistant & accurate ammo.

Good luck with what ever set up you get.

· Registered
49 Posts
Your going to need a good scale and a cronogragh so leave a little room in the budget for them.

Lee 1000 gets a bad name, but work really good once setup, there are lots of people using them. (I got mine on sale for $150 dies included midwayusa)

The Lee Turret should do well for a first press and may be all you need. I would not invest a grand into something without knowing for sure if it was for me and you have to load a lot of bullets to get that original investment back.

BTW I started on a rockchucker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.