Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just have an itch to do so but no real reason why. just to try it. i owned an sr9c (for about 2 days). sold it when times got hard (more money than p95). never got to shoot it. so i have ZERO experience with the sr9/sr9c.

talk me into it.

or talk me out of it lol.

i want to stick with 9mm. thats not up for debate. thanks guys for any help you might provide in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
p.s. there is ONE reason, the magazine release. i was carrying it around IWB (ruger p95) and it dropped my mag out on draw. i do have other guns that i carry that are better than the 95 (slimmer/smaller). so its not its intended purpose. but i didnt like that aspect of it.

on the flip side, the p95 i can shoot faster/more accurate (battle-ish type scenariou) than any other auto loading pistol i own :(... glock included. i dont know if i'm ready to give that up...

any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
16,249 Posts
i just have an itch to do so but no real reason why. just to try it. i owned an sr9c (for about 2 days). sold it when times got hard (more money than p95). never got to shoot it. so i have ZERO experience with the sr9/sr9c.

talk me into it.

or talk me out of it lol.

i want to stick with 9mm. thats not up for debate. thanks guys for any help you might provide in advance.
9mmX ... While the choice is your's, I would never consider selling my P95 for the reason stated as it could potentially happen to any carry gun under the right circumstances. The positives of the P95 (quality, durability, etc.) far outweigh this isolated incident, especially since it sounds like it's not your EDC. Listen to that little voice inside your head that says you'll regret doing it ;)

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
I would never sell or trade a P95 for anything. I owned mine for 3 years, shot the heck out of it, and gave it to my son as a gift. Now he's also shot the heck out of it for nearly 2 years. And, of course, totally reliable and maintenance free.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
man i like you guys a little more already lol...

that p95 is so easy to squeez off 15 rounds rapid/consecutive and be accurate its not funny...

i do love this gun.

in all reality that IS what i wanted to hear, but i've always wanted to try the sr9. since it came out. but in the end i'm not sure what i would be gaining vs i know what i would be losing. any more input would be welcome. always nice to hear from the other side of the fence!

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I personally don't care for the SR pistols; the manual safety on the gun is [for me] awkwardly-placed and hard to manipulate. Contrast that with the P series, which are [again, for me] very easy to work with. If it were me, I'd hang on to that P-95.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
buying another pistol without selling something is outta the question in the near future... i cant even afford it on lay-a-way for a while. it is one or the other indefinately till things balance out :(

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
that being the case I'd just hang on to the P95 until you can get something else, I like my buddies SR9 but I don't like it good enough to give up my P95 to get one JMHO on that so take it for what it's worth

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have both, the 95 was first and I liked it so much I got an SR9c. If I had to get rid of one I'd probably have a meltdown trying to decide. My advice would be keep what you have until you can afford the other.

·
Registered
722 Posts
My p95 is my EDC and the last pistol I would sell. I will probably buy another one eventually. I agree with everyone on here, keep the P95 or you'll regret it for sure.

·
Super Moderator
16,249 Posts
seems to be a unanimous lol...
Just remember ... If you make the change and are not happy ... We reserve the right to give you a great big collective "We Told You So" :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts