Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have loved my "single six hunter" in .17 HM2 / .17 HMR. This revolver will shoot the eyes out of a squirrel at 30 yards (if you can) but lifestyle changes have moved it to the dusty back of the gun safe. I'm thinking of listing it (Gunbroker?) for sale. Any idea what these are worth these days?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Why not list it in the Classifieds here first? Nothing but Ruger fans here! Use the auction sites to help you put an asking price on it and similar rules apply - ship to FFL only or a FTF if your state allows. Looks like a nice set up.

You will need 10 posts to have classified and PM privileges - easy to do. Go to the New Users section and say hello to 8 or 9 people. Then you're good to go.

(also helps to resize you photo to a smaller size if possible)

Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't been able to find one for sale on any of the auction sites. I understand Ruger quit making them quite some time ago.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'll check it out. Sorry about the size of the photo. I can't seem to find a way to shrink it not that I've posted it????

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
No worries - you may not be able to do anything about it but perhaps a moderator will step in and lend a hand. They seem able to do that somehow.

BTW, I love the .17HMR - man that round sizzles! I have a Savage rifle with a bull barrel set up for .17HMR and a barrel for my T/C pistol in .17HMR. I always thought a Single Six would be pretty cool in .17HMR.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is sweet. But for squirrels, rabbits, and paper, the HM2 is deadly and cheaper than the HMR. It's amazing the damage done to a rabbit head by that little 17gr. bullet as it disintegrates, pretty much on contact. For foxes & coyotes the HMR is much more lethal.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
That's interesting. My .17HMR stuff is just for the range but I know what you mean about ammo cost - it is a wee bit pricey, especially compared to 22LR.

Give some thought to the classifieds here. Works especially well if you can do a FTF transaction.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Sorry - FTF = "Face To Face". In states that allow private sales between individuals and no FFL required. I don't know what CO laws are but here in FL and elsewhere you can sell a gun to another individual without going through a FFL transfer. So if CO has no restrictions you could post your classified ad here on the forum and include your willingness to do a "FTF" if local enough to suit you. You'd probably want to clarify just how far you're willing to drive to meet someone. Otherwise it's the normal ship to FFL or even FFL to FFL if you want a local FFL to handle it for you. But of course there's FFL fees involved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So... Looking around the internet I can't find a single example of this gun for sale? However, a new .22/.22mag Single Six Hunter, 7 1/2" barrel, Stainless Steel, with scope rings is $600-700 (best price) and the Leupold FX-ll 4X28mm scope is $350 (best price). Assuming the only premium for this gun being discontinued and rare(?) is that it should bring the price of a new .22/.22mag I have a theoretical asking price of $950-1050. That would work for me as this setup wasn't cheap when I put it together. Sound reasonable, or should I just keep it for my grandsons?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
So... Looking around the internet I can't find a single example of this gun for sale? However, a new .22/.22mag Single Six Hunter, 7 1/2" barrel, Stainless Steel, with scope rings is $600-700 (best price) and the Leupold FX-ll 4X28mm scope is $350 (best price). Assuming the only premium for this gun being discontinued and rare(?) is that it should bring the price of a new .22/.22mag I have a theoretical asking price of $950-1050. That would work for me as this setup wasn't cheap when I put it together. Sound reasonable, or should I just keep it for my grandsons?
I would keep it for the grandkids before I sold it at a loss. I don't think it'll ever lose value unless they quit making ammo for it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I believe this is a very rare gun. It is no longer made with both cylinders and the HM2 cylinder was recalled. If this is the gun I am thinking of the gun alone without the scope is worth around a grand or more. Someone will come along with more info I am sure

Jim

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Just remember private handgun sales both parties need to be from same state otherwise an FFL has to be involved to ship interstate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.