Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for thinner grips for the Mark IV Target. My wife has small hands and would like to change the grips. Is there anything available?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thinner than the OE grips?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Maybe easier to buy a second pair of OEM grips and sand them down the way you like. I did that for my single six because of my smaller hands. Worked well. Lets you contour them the way that fits you're hand also.

I know this is not what you asked but until the pistol has been out a little longer maybe you're only choice.

·
Registered
133 Posts
There might be something out there for the Mark IV custom made but make sure the thinner grips include the proper hardware as some thinner grips might require it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Something might become available or sanding could be an option. The other choice is the Mark III 22/45 model 10110. It has the grips molded in not screwed on and is narrower.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, reviving a 2 yr old thread in case someone else stumbles on it like I did. I'm an adult female with small hands/short fingers (family trait). I have a Mark IV and am facing the same issue. I handled all the Mark IVs in stock at my LGS. The one that fit me best was the standard Luger style grip. The 22/45s were thinner but also wider, extending the gap from thumb to trigger finger more than the standard. I'm looking at either shaving down a Hogue wraparound or building my own wood grips. I have the steel bull barrel which is fantastic but a bit heavy; currently saving my Sacajaweas (dollars, in coin form, duh!) for a Volquartsen upper, which should make her easier to handle as well. VQ parts are pricey (darn that 22plinkster for tempting us!) but seems worth it if you're into marksmanship and the VQ futuristic look. Both boxes checked on my end. Happy Hunting everyone. :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Or you could reach out to one of the custom grip makers and get them to come up with something that would be just perfect for what you are looking for. These are somewhat thinner to the original factory grips and seem to fit my wife's hand very well. Just have to be cautious when screwing them on.

Mark II A IMG_5014.jpg

Mark II B IMG_2004.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts