Ruger Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spiff, when to use the term “shipper”, do you mean point of origin or carrier?
Greetings: With all due respect felliows, 2 relieve the confusion 4 those who do not comprehend English: Shipper is just that - Ppl who ship product. Carrier: is who carries (transports) product. Receiver- is (consumer or retailer) who recieves from Shipper. Just a bit of elementary FYI.

And yes the increased prices R COVID-19 BS. Same as petroleum, another excuse 2 increase prices.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Greetings: With all due respect felliows, 2 relieve the confusion 4 those who do not comprehend English: Shipper is just that - Ppl who ship product. Carrier: is who carries (transports) product. Receiver- is (consumer or retailer) who recieves from Shipper. Just a bit of elementary FYI.

Thanks for the clarification friend ..........I retired from UPS, so I have a pretty good understanding of who’s who in the food chain.

For some reason they wanted me to wear this.......

046AA232-4BFA-41E2-A270-8851B3A62B22.jpeg

·
Registered
227 Posts

And yes the increased prices R COVID-19 BS. Same as petroleum, another excuse 2 increase prices.
Another genius.

You must live in NY or CA... fuel prices in my state just went above $2.00 in the past month.... still WAY DOWN from when this Covid19 started.

Don't you have a rock to go crawl back under?

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
fuel prices in my state just went above $2.00 in the past month.... still WAY DOWN from when this Covid19 started.
Ours went from $1.86 to $2.09 this morning.

Reactions: American

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Between the pandemic and the civil unrest, there are a LOT of first time gun buyers. We have all seen the stories on the news. So, think about the new gun owner. I would bet that most of them don’t know the difference between a FMJ and a HP, let alone cheap range ammo vs premium. Also, if you think your stock is low, imagine if you are buying a new gun, something you swore you would never own, and if you are that desperate to where you will change your beliefs on gun ownership, what will you pay for a box of ammo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
457 Posts
Companies that play the long game are the ones I'd rather support.
So, that's at least two of us.

Long game? For me? Search "deep time". A new way of looking at geologic time.

For now? I'm happy with my 4 buck. I'll have a double gun for it in a month or so ..

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Petroleum prices were so low, at one point they’d basically pay you to take it. On paper, of course; negative prices were a temporary blip.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Unless we hear from an honest CEO of a gun or ammo company, I’m not going to believe a single shred of scuttlebutt on the internet.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Unless we hear from an honest CEO of a gun or ammo company, I’m not going to believe a single shred of scuttlebutt on the internet.
And what "honest" CEO of an ammo or gun company is going to admit that they have a warehouse full of finished goods just waiting to charge higher prices. If it's a public company, they are gonna be really careful about saying anything due to SEC rules. The on the line production workers will tell more about what's going, on based again on what I hear from multiple workers in the plants that make the ammo and aren't getting extra shifts....yet.

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,761 Posts
Since I reload, I never noticed until I decided to try something new. My usual calibers were all in stock, but I had plenty already.

Then I needed a new powder. It took some hunting, but I found a four-pound Bottle of Alliant Red Dot to begin my shot shell reloading. Midway had reasonable shipping and Hazmat for that size.

Seems that certain powders are hard to find, anywhere. My LGS locally has good stocks of everything else I need.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Saw a video on YouTube from a gun shop owner where he talked about the current situation and what he thinks is going on. Basically, he thinks the manufacturers are afraid of getting burned again like they did in 2016 when they all ramped up thinking there would be a big run because Hillary was going to win. So they are holding back this time to see what happens. He said that while there were shot surges in demand back in March when Covid first hit and then in May when civil unrest ramped up, he's seen a drop off since and mostly now just sees regulars (i.e. the gun community). So they (we) are the ones buying all the ammo right now from his perspective, not new gun owners.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Well this is getting serious for me now.

I have plenty of ammo, but few places to go shoot it. My one reasonably close rifle range is run by the state park service and has been closed due to the scamdemic.

But with my house in the 'burbs' I am lucky in that I have no houses behind my lot. It is sloped (down) and wooded, with a farm and a river beyond my property line. I have discovered the fun of playing around with my Aquila super colibri no powder 22 lr rounds, and also with some CCI quiet lr rounds. Shooting out of my Marlin 39a 24 inch barrel, the colibri is whisper quiet, and the CCI rounds make probably about the same amount of noise as an air rifle would make. I can go in my back yard and have fun since my neighbors would probably not even hear me, and wouldn't complain if they knew what I was doing.

Unfortunately these rounds appear to have disappeared. I ordered a few boxes of each a few weeks back, but now all of my usual sources for them are out of stock. Sure wish I had ordered a whole lot more when I had the chance.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well this is getting serious for me now.

I have plenty of ammo, but few places to go shoot it. My one reasonably close rifle range is run by the state park service and has been closed due to the scamdemic.

But with my house in the 'burbs' I am lucky in that I have no houses behind my lot. It is sloped (down) and wooded, with a farm and a river beyond my property line. I have discovered the fun of playing around with my Aquila super colibri no powder 22 lr rounds, and also with some CCI quiet lr rounds. Shooting out of my Marlin 39a 24 inch barrel, the colibri is whisper quiet, and the CCI rounds make probably about the same amount of noise as an air rifle would make. I can go in my back yard and have fun since my neighbors would probably not even hear me, and wouldn't complain if they knew what I was doing.

Unfortunately these rounds appear to have disappeared. I ordered a few boxes of each a few weeks back, but now all of my usual sources for them are out of stock. Sure wish I had ordered a whole lot more when I had the chance.
So which is worse: having no spare ammo on hand but plenty of places to use it, or having plenty of spare ammo but no place to go out and use it?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I learned my lesson during the .22 LR drought. When things appear to be normal, Cost of Ammunition and shipping reasonable, THAT'S the time to stock way up. Not when there's a mad scramble going on. Shoot a box, buy two boxes. Cheaper Than Dirt insulted me as a "Valued Returning Customer" bu offering me 100 CCI .22 LR Mini-Mags for just $99.99 plus shipping. I've never forgot it or them. I keep in mind the places trying to take advantage and won't buy from them when things are "normal."

61 - 79 of 79 Posts