Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following pictures I took of a house in Kalispell, that a contractor had working at, as no one was on site when I arrived to locate the gas line for their sewer project. The danger was fully exposed to anyone approaching from the alley side of the property.

As a result the contractor is now facing criminal endangerment charges. Northewest Energy Gas, and the Flathead Electric Co-op has had nothing but problems with this Russian Contractor... he just doesn't seem to care about what he does or the risk he takes.

In this picture power lines are down on the ground... but who knows for how long though... I found it that way locating the gas line. The ends of the still live wires were just taped over with electrical tape.

In this next picture you will see the gas line riser with the meter removed. A tab device on the riser was turned off, but not locked or line capped. The riser had also been kinked over severly damaging the gas line which could have sprung a leak at any time.

In this next picture, its pretty self explanitory.... a differant contracting dig company crew were to hand dig 18" to either side of the marked painted lines that were located for them, but instead used an excavator to dig, the end result was the damage you see. The line breaker on the top of the power pole is what saved their lives as this could have been very deadly. The contractor is getting a very large bill for the repair for both power and phone services as service was cut off to those down the line etc.

Remember to Call B-4-U-DIG

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Lucky just pure lucky is all I can say.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Life in the big city sucks!!! I see things like this all the time-INSIDE homes---no regard for safety, life, or property...and these jerks get licensed!!! There's always time to do it right!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Whoa MOMMA ![}:)]
Yeah,LOTS of volatage/amps there !
Hope his license is revoked !
That's NO excuse.If he dug the trench,he has no idea of what
4,800 volts can do.The size of those wires,that's carrying quite a bit of voltage and current !
Even 120V can be just as deadly.
The gas line,what an idiot ....[}:)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts