Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
That's a great gun ... it's a shooter not a safe queen. I have a 586 (no dash) in the really hard to find 8" model and it's one of my favorite guns ever.

I think your friend would be happy either way ... keep it as is or get it tuned and reconditioned to give it an even longer life. Sending it back to the Mother Ship wouldn't bother me one bit. As long as it's in the hands of someone who really appreciates it is the only thing that matters. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
When my friend bought this one in the 1980's his roommate got the 8 3/8" model with the 4 position front sight. It was an amazing revolver intended for silhouette shooting. I loved shooting it. I have never seen another one like it except online.
Those Silhouette Models were really sweet and very hard to find these days and the price would probably be scary. Mine has the standard front sight but it carries a Burris 2X Target scope, and I got it for NRA Silhouette matches at our local club back in the '80s. I've also used it for deer hunting.

I love the size and feel of the L-frame revolvers ... I also have a 5" 686+ from the "3-5-7 Special Editions". Stainless, 7 shot with the unfluted cylinder ... very cool.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts