Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...belonged to my Grandad when he was a Beat Cop in Philly, Pa. I was told it was built in the 20's with no known model #. Chambered in .38spl with a drop down cylinder and counter clockwise rotation...cool, and it still shoots!

Attachments

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Looks like a M & P to me! Serial # is on the butt. This became the model 10. PM the serial # to me and I can tell you the manufacture date.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
That's probably got more than a few great stories if it could speak! Nice to have being as it was your grandpop's...nice momento!

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
That is a Military and Police S&W. Pre-war, and with a SN it can be dated. It was also refinished in nickle at some point in time. At any rate, she's a nice old Smith, and would be fun to trace the history :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's probably got more than a few great stories if it could speak! Nice to have being as it was your grandpop's...nice momento!
Really, grandpop passed when I was young...I wonder if he ever saw any action with the Philadelphia "Mob" back in those days...;)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is a Military and Police S&W. Pre-war, and with a SN it can be dated. It was also refinished in nickle at some point in time. At any rate, she's a nice old Smith, and would be fun to trace the history :)
I PM'd smithnframe the serial# and he found it to be a late 1920's build! ;)

·
Bang Bang
383 Posts
I have the same gun. M&P, third version made between 1905 and 1915.

Mine has most of the finish left (blued) and shoots well.

Use 38 Special, no +P, to minimize wear.

This one has a smooth, narrow trigger. Bought one 20 years ago for a $100 bill with a serrated trigger. Sold it weeks later for a small profit.

I also owned a Python once upon a time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts