·
Registered
3,156 Posts
do you have another link?

not working on my computer.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I carry because I carry-it's who I am...everywhere, all the time, unless forbidden by law....it's not a hobby, it's a commitment.....

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I remember reading about a similar incident somewhere, only it was a father and his young son. +1 on what Sheepdog said!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

I carry because I carry-it's who I am...everywhere, all the time, unless forbidden by law....it's not a hobby, it's a commitment.....
I agree with Sheepdog 100%. It's not only a commitment it's huge resonsiablity. You need to be able to use your gun and beaware of all things at all times. These men just let this scumbag carve them up. I can't see from this short story where they put up any fight. In the woods you would never get that close to me you bet your bippy on that.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I don't think I would even consider attacking someone with any kind of firearm:S

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Man is the most dangerous predator on the face of this Earth.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I reckon youall know but I'll just post this here anyhow, You can not carry a firearm during Archery Only Season while hunting. Permit or no permit. At least here in Kentucky and maybe other staes as well.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

I've hearing the reports on the Omaha shooting all afternoon. I wonder why a CCW person didn't take the guy out? Somehow, the anti-gun idiot's should begin to see the reason for us to be able to own, carry & use our weapons just for things like this. How many recent killings could have been stopped in the early stages if someone would have been able to have stepped up & put an end to it?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kansas45

quote:Originally posted by deputy125

I've hearing the reports on the Omaha shooting all afternoon. I wonder why a CCW person didn't take the guy out? Somehow, the anti-gun idiot's should begin to see the reason for us to be able to own, carry & use our weapons just for things like this. How many recent killings could have been stopped in the early stages if someone would have been able to have stepped up & put an end to it?
Don't know much about nebraska or the percentages there, but i did a quick check on Texas
Population is somewhere over 23 million
Number of CHL issued is over 258,000

My math ain't the greatest, but by my figures, only 1 in every 90 Texans are packing---or just a tad over 1%.---I would not even try to guess how many of these CHL holders don't carry all the time.

---very few sheepdogs in the flock.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Drummer

I reckon youall know but I'll just post this here anyhow, You can not carry a firearm during Archery Only Season while hunting. Permit or no permit. At least here in Kentucky and maybe other staes as well.
I'm not a archery man but you got me thinking so i checked the Texas
TPWD site undr hunting regulations and they have it written that if you have a CHL you can pack it during archery season while hunting.
No CHL---no can do if you are archery-ing for deer and turkey.

Will have to check with the warden and see if a muzzle-loading revolver fits the definition of a firearm or not during archery. Under Texas penal code its not considered a firearm. Not legal for muzzleloader season and not considered a tru muzzle loader though

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
thanks for the infro. dang shame someone has to attack someone hunting or any place else for that manner.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
What I don't understand is how with two hunters, the perp didn't get shot, and they both ended up stabbed.
We aren't allowed to carry when bowhunting, which is really when I would like to have a gun with me. If all I have is a long gun in the woods, I don't feel undergunned.

·
Super Moderator
21,499 Posts
NH allows CCL holders to carry while bow hunting. I think Wildlife Management Personnel in other states should reconsider with the number of Meth Labs popping up in the woods. You never know when you may become the hunted.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I remember a few years ago 2 bow hunters were shot and killed about two hundred miles from here. In Tn. you can't carry in archery season. If I'm out even small game hunting I'll have something extra with me.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Our gun club's range is pretty secluded, as it should be. Only one way in & one way out. I'm there by mysef 75% of the time. I always have a loaded weapon on me (besides the one i'm shooting), just in case I need it. I don't like to take any chances.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts