Ruger Forum banner

This place is getting better all the time

1K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  snarski 
#1 ·
I really want to thank all of you here, I came to you about the lost of my long time friend and the support just flowed out. I tell ya about getting in to shape and so forth and I have each of ya cheering me on. We can talk about other guns here too, and not get our heads bitten off. This is a great place to be and its just seems to be getting better.

#3 ·
The members of this board has the right attitude. Helping and enjoying people, instead of degrading or arguing with them is what makes this Board unique. With each of us doing our part we will keep it that way. Those that visit other Boards can see that we are one of the Best in this respect. Everyone keep up the good spirit and enjoy the Board. :D

#6 ·
thanks Ron and sheepdog. KP97DC is right and so isjimbo1096, it takes all of us working together to keep the forum as great as it is.
I use to go to another forum a good bit but seemed I ended up upsetting folks over there and from that forum found this one. I made the move to this forum and in doing so change my handle. At the the other forum I used the handle of ornery, not meaning to be mean or anything like that. An old girl friend had given me that name as I use to pull jokes on her just in fun never to upset or hurt anyone.
How I ended up with the name of Snuffy, well pretty easy had a buddy in the Army ( the one that pasted away this month ) and he use to read alot and loved the funny paper's he use to kid me about Snuffy Smith and would tell me that sounds like something you would do. We both laugh and joked together, true he was a yankee and I was a reb and I am a hillbilly.
There is alot more respect over here on this forum a nice thing to have these days, sorta like a breath of fresh air in a stuffy room.
I don't mean to put down on the the other forum at al I just like this one better. To me ya'll are a great bunch of folks.

#7 ·
Snuffy,

+1 to what you said about this forum. This is a great place: fun, educational, great people, and very entertaining.

I also remember you well as Ornery from the other forum and have to say you never made me mad or upset. In fact, I always enjoyed your posts and look forward to you posting over there again.

Skunk

#9 ·
Ornery-Snuffy, if you don't visit both forums I'm gonna come out there to Florida and give you a good talking to! We Brothers in Corrections always have each others' backs. Don't you ever forget that. If some one "over there" took offense to something you said, they should be man enough to state why and then give you the opportunity to defend your opinion. If they don't, the hell with them or him or whoever. You have more than enough wit and wisdom to share with any number of forums, unlike most of us. So you keep in touch with your Ruger Brethren on both forums, ya hear? Don't make me come out there[}:)] (although I spent 15 years in the Sarasota-Tampa-St. Pete area and I've got lots of friends I wouldn't mind seeing again). Stay safe, my brother.

Peace and God bless, Wolfie.

#11 ·
Now Snuffy, I thought you were in Florida? Am I getting older and more senile, or what? In any case, don't make me go to Texas, or Florida, or wherever the hell it is you're at!

Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

#14 ·
Thanks ya'll,
For me its the respect we have fort each other here, as WolfSong said after a day of all the BS we put up with we do need a place to relax. An one of the ways is to come to the gun forum and read and chat about guns and so forth.

#19 ·
this is very true, the hunting stories the true life stories and gunsmithing shooting and so on. I can come here and read post reread them and forget about the rest of the world. As long as I have been here there has been no missunderstanding's. Or anyone getting upset with the other one where a moderator had to step in.
Its the folks here that make this place what it is today, I am just glad that ya'll let me join in the fun. Thanks ya'll

#23 ·
This the first place I check each morning and each nite just bnefore I hit the hay. Always alot of good reading here and sometimes a joke or two. Nice place to come by and sit a spell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.