Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished another 24 hour stint in the ER at the Oregon coast. Those of you not familiar with the Oregon coast might be imagining a place of quaint coastal villages with fishing boats and whale-watching tours, and there is some of that (in a few places), but an awful lot of the Oregon coast looks more like a trailer park. A run-down trailer park.

Which brings me to my "patient of the day".

A man in his early thirties was brought in by friends and found to be suffering from a concussion, neck pain, a broken wrist and a dislocated elbow - along with a number of cuts and abrasions. His friends said that they had been sitting at the top of a bluff overlooking the surf and that he had stepped too close to the edge and the ground had crumbled out from under him, causing him to fall to the beach below.

Everything about their story made sense (once you factored in the alcohol) except for two large puncture wounds, about three inches apart, on his upper back. I've seen wounds like that a number of times in the past and they are caused by the prongs of a TASER wire.

I asked the man's friends about the wounds and they suddenly got very vague and defensive, claiming that "...there's a lot of trash on the beach..." Finally, when I threatened to get the Sheriff's office involved, they coughed up the true story.

Turns out that one of the group had a TASER (he worked as a security guard) and at some point in the evening (after sufficient beer had been consumed), the fellow in the ER bed had claimed that he could "handle" being shocked with a TASER. It all would have been good fun (well, not for everybody) except that he was standing near the bluff edge when he was hit by the TASER and had rolled, bounced and dropped about forty feet to the beach.

Oddly enough, there isn't an ICD10 code for this...

Jim

Reactions: DCD327

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
seems to prove that idiots are among us, and they might breed. And theyre EVERYWHERE, and coming to a town near you.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Another one bites the dust....:D

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I guess for his encore, he will be urinating on a spark plug of a running lawnmower. ;)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
:rolleyes: Common sense is becoming rare these days .......

·
Super Moderator
21,671 Posts
A good idea as seen thru the bottom of a beer bottle.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I've heard of alcohol making you 8 feet tall and bulletproof, but this is the 1st I've heard of it making you taserproof too.

Hopefully no beer was spilled in the making of this story. :D

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Hopefully no beer was spilled in the making of this story. :D
Thats classic "HERE, hold my beer and watch this". So Im sure non was spilled. They probably had already drank it all and boredom set in. Then ZAP !

With a 40 ft cliff involved and actually used,, you cant say they didnt try to thin the gene pool.

I think its at least good for a DARWIN award nomination. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts