Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it’s not a Ruger…But this one followed me home from the big gun Auction today. It’s a Winchester 1300 20 gauge with a 28” full vent rib barrel with screw in chokes. It’s the Ranger model and is tapped and drilled for a scope. I got it home an inspected it further, and it still has factory grease in the action. I think it has been test fired, but the hang tags are still on the trigger guard. Out the door price of $250.00. This one might end up going to my mom, as she wanted to start deer hunting next year, and it would work perfect for her. I really wanted a New Model Black Hawk in .41 Mag, but it went for $415. It had a b-square type scope mount on it and no factory rear sight, for me that seems a little expensive. I met up with Codybrown and his lovely girlfriend at the auction, and had a very good time. That guy is one dedicated gun buyer! And his girl friend is a keeper to sit through a 4-5 hour gun auction! Hopefully he will post pics of his buys as he got a STEAL on a Rem 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had a 1400, autoloader version, for years. I think I paid $90.00 for it and I don't know how many quail and phesant I killed with it. Worked flawlessly every time. I'd still be using it if it hadn't been stolen. I think you'll like it.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
219 Posts
JohnGoBoom, How about a .41 NM Blackhawk delivered to your FFL for around $400? Nice Shotgun you got there by the way!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thats a great price on a great gun. I looked at a used 12g a couple of days ago set up as a tactile shotgun and the sticker price was $250.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Good looking gun! I once bid on a Marlin 30/30 after a few, shall we say, adult beverages with no intention of winning it. Low and behold, I was the high bidder. I got her worth the money, but that broke me from looking at Gunbroker while drinking!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Drummer, I had money for this one, but I think the NM Blackhawk will have to stay on the wish list...for now!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
You definitely can't go wrong with a Winchester. I love my 1400 and have had it for many years now. It's a great all-purpose shotgun.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Great shotgun...just picked up a used 1300 20 ga. in Dec for 150...nowhere near that clean and no choke tubes or wrench or box...I screwed out the one in the gun...mod...not bad...got my eye on a Rem 870 for 150...looks new...unfired...one of them I may cut to min. grip and barrel and make a truck gun....used to carry one in a length of 4" pvc pipe with a cap glued on the bottom and a slip-on cap on top...carried it into those bad rent houses with my tools...went under the house with me....didn't talk much but it was a good friend!!! Yours is too sharp to cut on, though...looks pristine.........

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys...I like it a lot, although it was kind of hard to cut the hang tags off the trigger guard. I put on a weaver scope mount and mounted up a Bushnell 3-9 with Millet rings on it today, and ran a box of slugs through it at 50 yards to see where it would go. It ran about 2" groups at 50 yards with cheap winchester slugs. But I was shooting off the rail, and didn't get the bench out, so that little bit could have been me.:rolleyes: So it will definatly be a good back up gun for deer season. (I normally carry the GP100 or 870) I already took the scope back off it and hope to get to do some small game hunting with it soon.:)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
great gun. the last winchester shotgun i bought was from Target---my have times changed.
Target quit selling
most wal-marts
kmarts
tg&y's
western auto
montgomery wards
sears

my win 1400 was the 1st shotgun i ever owned that had screw-in chokes.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Remington Model 870 Wingmaster 12ga

Jennings J22

·
Registered
505 Posts
And the lovely girlfriend at one of my family's cottages......

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
No, I'm not familar with the Jimenez pistols. To be honest with you, this is the first time I have heard of Jennings. I see that the Jimenez looks almost identical to the Jennings.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts